JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I took my suppressor out for the first time today, what an experience, I think I have perma grin! What I didn't count on was all the new "friends" I would make.... people wanting to see it, ask questions, etc. It was really pretty cool. Of course I think there will be some folks with lighter wallets in their near future as many were very impressed with the performance. I imagine this is a common occurrence that I should expect from now on? Any of you suppressor "old timers" experience this phenomenon? :D

Richard

So far, the only friends that have met my Sparrow suppressor were racoons trying to force their way into the hen house.
They were very impressed in a round about way.
Which one did you buy and what is it threaded onto.

I took delivery of my Sparrow and TiRant9 during the height of the "panic" and hadn't anticipated the lack of available ammo ahead of time (very poor planning considering I had 9+ months to wait for my form 4). To make matters worse, the only threaded .22 host I had was a 10/22 so what little .22 ammo I had was way past supersonic by the time it made it out of the barrel.

For our first outing we went shooting on a friend's property and were all somewhat under impressed with suppressed fire until my pal dug some agency issued subsonic 9mm out of his safe. What a difference! A Glock19, a Tirant9 and subsonic ammo.

There we were, 4 grown men, giggling like schoolgirls.

Since then, I have tracked down sub-sonic .22 (again the giggling) and have received my TiRant45, Socom 556RC and Socom762RC and the grinning never seems to stop.

After shooting a suppressed HK USP45C, one friend's wife ordered him point blank, "Go buy one of these!" She had the same reaction to a Ruger 22/45 and the Sparrow.

Welcome to the wonderful world of suppressors (like Lay's potato chips, you just can't have one).

I never go to the range, so I never experienced that phenomena.

My friends who have shot my guns have seen my can plenty of times before, and one of them has a couple form 1 cans of his own.

People think they can stop with one. Nope. It's like crack and just as expensive, especially if you get into the title II firearms.

I bought a Sparrow, then a couple of months latter I decided that 1 wouldn't be enough. When I go shooting with my son, I want to shoot suppressed at the same time as he is. It wouldn't do to have only 1 can, so now I'm waiting on a Spectre II.

Either will be fine on my M11-nine with the Lage .22LR conversion kit.

I took delivery of my Sparrow and TiRant9 during the height of the "panic" and hadn't anticipated the lack of available ammo ahead of time (very poor planning considering I had 9+ months to wait for my form 4).

There we were, 4 grown men, giggling like schoolgirls.

Since then, I have tracked down sub-sonic .22 (again the giggling) and have received my TiRant45, Socom 556RC and Socom762RC and the grinning never seems to stop.
Yes, but I thought it more like when I got out of Juvenile detention when I was 14.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews