JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This isn't for talking to people like Bloomberg who will never change his position until he gets all the guns. But there are some good nuggets in the following articles

1. For when people demonize the NRA, they are actually demonizing fellow citizens: 4 Reasons Congress Doesn't "Act" on Gun Violence | James Davenport

When we blame the NRA, or any other interest group with which we disagree, we are really saying that millions of our fellow citizens are advancing an agenda with which we disagree.

The fact that those who support greater restrictions on gun ownership have not convinced a large enough number of their fellow citizens to take up their cause in a more participatory manner is not the fault of those who disagree with them.

I don't think many people realize that the NRA isn't a company and doesn't sell products, so the money they spends comes from people and orgs who donate to them. So perhaps to educate them the NRA is really no different than the PTA. A bunch of people getting together to support something they believe in.

Another similar article: NRA Is the 'Beer Drinkers,' Not the 'Beer Sellers' - TheResurgent.com

Graham cuts to the heart of the liberal attacks on the NRA by comparing the gun rights organization to the National Beer Wholesalers Association. Unlike the beer trade group, which is made up of corporations, the NRA is made up of individuals who have banded together to protect Second Amendment rights.

At its core, the NRA is a civil rights group made up of concerned American citizens. The NRA gets its power from the fact that a large segment of the American public believes that the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon.

Much has been made of the money that the NRA donates to political campaigns, but little consideration has been given to where the NRA gets that money. The group does not sell guns or ammunition. Instead, those funds come directly from members who believe in the NRA's pro-Second Amendment positions

The left's attacks on the NRA are a reflection of the fact that the liberals have not been able to make a logical case for gun control and have been incapable of winning the American people to their cause.

This one I had already posted in another thread: Commentary: Why do we hate the NRA?

2. When people complain about the "unnecessary loss of life from guns" they don't want to see or hear about other causes of deaths: There's an old saying. – Tony ن‎ – Medium

Hmmm… 250,000 Americans die of medical errors in a year, and 374 are killed by rifles. (And that's all rifles, not just the AR-15s.)

So I am 688 times more likely to be killed by a doctor like you than I am by a rifle. Yet here you are, with wound cavity stats, and your emotional plea that the fact that I own a rifle, any rifle makes you feel unsafe. So your irrational fear of guns ought to trump my second amendment rights.

I think you ought to work on eliminating medical errors, doc, before you start working on eliminating guns.

Personally, I would have used all gun-related murders (which is still less than 11,000) to make the point because it is still 20x lower than the number of deaths by people who are supposed to be helping you (doctors). The medical error death stat is from Johns Hopkins, so I have some confidence in it. The FBI stat, I guess you have to believe as well despite their recent shortcomings.

2a (no pun intended), Comparing gun deaths to drunk driving deaths: Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

This is from 2015 but still, roughly the same number of deaths from drunk driving as from gun-related murders. So why aren't we banning alcohol? Oops, I guess we did try that back in 1920... Look how well that turned out... Maybe we should ban cars? No cars, no drunk driving deaths. Who cares if cars are useful? We can't have 10,000 deaths every year, ban them all! :) I will bet that most people on this forum didn't know that drunk driving related deaths were pretty much equivalent in #s as gun-related homicides. I didn't.

3. The inconsistency and hypocrisy from the gun-control side: The Parkland Massacre Debate Has Been Filled With Idiotically Inconsistent Arguments. Here Are Just A Few.

Not going to bother to quote excerpts because I would have to quote the entire article. This just dovetails back into #1 above. Gun control advocates cannot make a logical argument for gun control so they resort to emotional arguments to tug at heartstrings to try to get people to change their minds.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR