Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sold sold sold

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Gendaito, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

Sold sold sold sold

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. jkraig

jkraig West Linn, Oregon New Member

I didn't realize you could have a buttstock on a pistol. LOL What is the length of this upper? Sure looks short for a rifle, and really cool looking.

3. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

This is obviously a registered SBR. The barrel is 5" and the rail is a DD 7.0.

4. jkraig

To a non-expert, this would not be obvious. Not all of us are experts on here, so any help would be appreciated. So am I to assume, that anyone who buys this has to go throught the 4 month ATF process and aquire a stamp and pay a $200.00 fee?

5. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Here's the info you want.

Because the barrel is less than 16", this upper can only be used with:
    (1) an AR pistol lower (buffer tube only, no buttstock can be attached), or
    (2) a properly registered short barreled AR lower (which would then allow you to attach a buttstock).

This AR upper can be transferred with no federal/state paperwork or background check, because it's not considered a firearm. Only the lower receiver on a AR style rifle is considered a firearm and therefore subject to all the various gun laws. I can ship this as well.

The ATF approval process is only for the lower, which is not included (I'm keeping it). You can do this yourself using a Form 1 and would not require a NFA dealer to process. This ATF approval is only required if you want a short barreled rifle. Most people use a stripped lower as a AR pistol while they are waiting for the approval to come in, then attach the buttstock as soon as they get approval. That way you can use the firearm while you wait.

This doesn't apply to you, jkraig, but for Washington State residents, SBR's are not allowed. I think AR pistols are legal, but I'm not sure. And of course, suppressors are legal to own in WA State but not use.

If you have any further questions, please IM me. Thanks.

6. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Only if you put it on a rifle lower. If you're making it into an AR pistol, the NFA does not apply.

Since this is an upper, it's not even considered a firearm (at least not anywhere in the Northwest - it wouldn't surprise me if CA/Mass/etc. somehow regulated AR uppers).

7. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

If not taken yet I will take it!
    Pm inbound

8. jkraig

Thanks for the info: I also found some other info from the internet I found interesting.

"When a citizen wishes to build a short barreled rifle, he or she must beforehand submit a completed ATF Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, along with $200 for payment of the tax stamp."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_barreled_rifle

9. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I have cash and will travel down to you!

Let me know if your buyer has to back out.

SF-