JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
This is obviously a registered SBR. The barrel is 5" and the rail is a DD 7.0.

To a non-expert, this would not be obvious. Not all of us are experts on here, so any help would be appreciated. So am I to assume, that anyone who buys this has to go throught the 4 month ATF process and aquire a stamp and pay a $200.00 fee?

To a non-expert, this would not be obvious. Not all of us are experts on here, so any help would be appreciated. So am I to assume, that anyone who buys this has to go throught the 4 month ATF process and aquire a stamp and pay a $200.00 fee?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Here's the info you want.

Because the barrel is less than 16", this upper can only be used with:
(1) an AR pistol lower (buffer tube only, no buttstock can be attached), or
(2) a properly registered short barreled AR lower (which would then allow you to attach a buttstock).

This AR upper can be transferred with no federal/state paperwork or background check, because it's not considered a firearm. Only the lower receiver on a AR style rifle is considered a firearm and therefore subject to all the various gun laws. I can ship this as well.

The ATF approval process is only for the lower, which is not included (I'm keeping it). You can do this yourself using a Form 1 and would not require a NFA dealer to process. This ATF approval is only required if you want a short barreled rifle. Most people use a stripped lower as a AR pistol while they are waiting for the approval to come in, then attach the buttstock as soon as they get approval. That way you can use the firearm while you wait.

This doesn't apply to you, jkraig, but for Washington State residents, SBR's are not allowed. I think AR pistols are legal, but I'm not sure. And of course, suppressors are legal to own in WA State but not use.

If you have any further questions, please IM me. Thanks.

Only if you put it on a rifle lower. If you're making it into an AR pistol, the NFA does not apply.

Since this is an upper, it's not even considered a firearm (at least not anywhere in the Northwest - it wouldn't surprise me if CA/Mass/etc. somehow regulated AR uppers).

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.