Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

** SOLD ** - Remington 750 in 35 Whelen in Oregon

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by orchemo, Jan 31, 2012.

1. orchemo

orchemo Portland Active Member

SOLD

Remington 750 semi-auto in 35 Whelen. 22 inch barrel with wood stocks.

Rifle is in great shape. The only mark is a safe scratch on the left side of the receiver. Will get a picture posted.

I have put about 200 - 250 rounds through it at the range.

Comes with the wood stocks and a Remington R3 recoil pad.

I have installed a Timney trigger kit which reduced the trigger pull. It still have some creep, but the pull is much lighter. I used the middle spring in the kit (will include the kit and parts replaced).

Comes with one magazine and scope bases. ** Rings and scope NOT included **

I will also toss in a 10 round magazine which has never been used.

$450 FTF or $470 shipped CONUS to FFL.

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. Bill

Bill Carlton Member

How does it shoot? (groups) what distances are you shooting ? I'm very interested in this cal.

3. orchemo

The rifle has shoot very well. I am impressed with the function and the amount of recoil take up by the gas action.

Would be glad a serious buyer at Douglas Ridge and let them fire a few rounds.

4. mike sr.

mike sr. the great tax me state: Nebr Member

Hi Or...we have not spoken in a long time....tell me abit more about this caliber, your price is right for me at this time and I am 70-30 convinced about purchasing...

thanks
    mike sr.

5. orchemo

The 35 Whelen is a 30-06 case necked up to accept a 35 caliber bullets. Many have called it the "poor man's magnum". Many surf the web for ballistic data and discussions of the 35 Whelen. Compare a 35 caliber bullet to a 30 caliber and you understand the difference between the 30-06 and a 35 Whelen.

Double Tab ammo makes wome great semi-custom loads for the 35 Whelen.

DoubleTap Ammunition

The 35 Whelen loaded with 225 gr Accubonds, Partitions or any other good bullet will be more than enough rifle for any North American game. You can go unto to 250 or even 270 something grain bullets. Compared the recoil to the 338 Win mag and you see why people enjoy the Whelen. Might not have the 400 yrd reach, but inside 300 yds it will hammer anything with authority.

The gas function of this rifle really mitigates the 225 or 250 grain bullets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.