JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1500
Manufacturer
Sako
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Zip Code
This is a custom built 35 Whelen Ackley Improved. It was built on a Sako AV action and installed back into its Sako factory stock. It has a factory contour Douglas barrel and Sako original front sight. This rifle is absolutely stunning! I bought it from the original owner 20ish years ago. He had a home here and a place in Homer, Alaska. The rifle was built in Alaska and I cannot remember the name of the builder for the life of me. Unfortunately Dan passed away so I cannot get the name of the builder. This gun shoots amazing with both factory ammo and AI reloads. I will include a set of Redding dies and around 50 fire formed once fired cases or complete loads. It has a Zeiss Terra 3-9x42 in Leupold Sako cut rings. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

IMG_0095.jpeg IMG_0096.jpeg IMG_0097.jpeg IMG_0098.jpeg IMG_0099.jpeg IMG_0109.jpeg IMG_0106.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Any offers before I send this puppy to auction? I will give it a day or so at $1500 then it's headed to GB. Shoot me your offers…

Most of my trade interest would be for J frames + cash. Maybe a few others…

Last Edited:
This is tempting as I was planning to convert my FN Mauser from 270 Win to .35 Whelen. However, the conversion would cost me more than this rifle (plus turnaround time for gunsmith services is long). I hope you could answer the following questions:

1) How long is the barrel?
2) Do you have any estimate of the rounds sent through the pipe?
3) Do you ever come to Seattle area?

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle

This is tempting as I was planning to convert my FN Mauser from 270 Win to .35 Whelen. However, the conversion would cost me more than this rifle (plus turnaround time for gunsmith services is long). I hope you could answer the following questions:

1) How long is the barrel?
2) Do you have any estimate of the rounds sent through the pipe?
3) Do you ever come to Seattle area?

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle
Ya, building this rifle if today dollars would be close to double this price with the quality of wood and metal work on this rifle.

1. Barrel is 24" (not sure how I left that out of the ad)
2. I have put 45 rounds through it and have every piece of brass. Original owner put 40 rounds through it and gave me the original brass… I am still looking for it. Unfortunately it might have gotten tossed in a move.
3. With my work schedule I haven't made it up that way in years. Shipping might be an option, but other than that I'm looking to do a transfer in SW WA.

Ya, building this rifle if today dollars would be close to double this price with the quality of wood and metal work on this rifle.

1. Barrel is 24" (not sure how I left that out of the ad)
2. I have put 45 rounds through it and have every piece of brass. Original owner put 40 rounds through it and gave me the original brass… I am still looking for it. Unfortunately it might have gotten tossed in a move.
3. With my work schedule I haven't made it up that way in years. Shipping might be an option, but other than that I'm looking to do a transfer in SW WA.
It won't work for me, unfortunately. The barrel is too long for my need (protection while backpacking) and it would be inconvenient for me to drive that far twice. My background check always gets delayed few days (I am not a citizen, but a legal Green Card holder, so my background check involves checking my legal immigration status, which generally takes few days). Your rifle is definitely one of the nicest rifles offered for sale here. Good Luck!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.