JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man, I wasn't too upset about the ammo, the guns, the reloading components, but now...

Optics, cleaning supplies, slings, small components, and many many other things that are becoming harder and harder to find.

What have you went to get, only to be surprised by it being "OUT OF STOCK"!

Alcohol (like, isopropyl type) is still unobtainium.
Other than Covid stuff, what use is it for gun related stuff? I used to use it to make my own case lubricant. Started using triple distilled vodka. Roughly the same amount of alcohol to water as 70% iso.

Have some AR bolts on back - order from midway.

Could have bought some, at a price I was comfy with, but waited just a day. Wanted to check other parts & bits wants (birthday pricing weeklong "deal"). All gone...

In one day...

Just spares, so really no big deal.

Could have bought completed bolt carrier groups, or stripped bolts. But wanted complete bolts just for the ease of them plus the pricing wasn't worth while for stripped bolts over complete anyhow.

It always does. Not the first rodeo. I'm just surprised that this go around affected so much more than the guns and ammo.

Which IMO, is a good thing.

Seems that it's not just folks buying a "scary gun" and putting it away never to be touched.

Mayhaps more new owners actually thinking about what's needed to practice and use it.

I haven't really noticed as I've been too insanely busy this year, coupled with down-sizing the collection, and eye towards doing more cutting and refocusing.

That said, I had to do a little more digging than I would have thought to find some magazines for a pretty common pistol.

Other than Covid stuff, what use is it for gun related stuff? I used to use it to make my own case lubricant. Started using triple distilled vodka. Roughly the same amount of alcohol to water as 70% iso.
My GF uses alcohol-based inks on glass to make jewelry... she's very craft-y.

Nothing gun-related unless you count a degreasing prior to installing grip tape or something. OP mentioned gun stuff, but the question itself was pretty general.

It always does. Not the first rodeo. I'm just surprised that this go around affected so much more than the guns and ammo.
It's probably because of first time buyers and their need for supplies. I've also noticed that a lot of shops are really lazy about ordering cleaning supplies and accessories, or the fulfillment of orders was poor before this whole deal, which makes getting any product a coin toss. They'll get something, but probably more crap nobody wants.

Alcohol (like, isopropyl type) is still unobtainium.

Over the weekend I had a helluva time getting bagged ice. Damn recreators.
McDonald's now sells bagged ice for $1. Pretty big bags.
Speaking of $1, the dollar store on oak grove has plenty of 70% iso and gallons of bleach for quite a while now. I'd probably call first though?

Ar500 targets have been a little sparse in my area. Odd, because when I think new shooters, I think Uncle Mike's, tapco and old microwaves left in the forest

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top