JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well its prettier but it seems a little harsh the way it goes thru the buyers stuff. Its also a little light on the sellers side.
the one I posted is more comprehensive?

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

the one I posted is more comprehensive?

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

It is more comprehensive in expanding the blanket statement on the NWFA one of, "Buyer attests that he is able to legally buy and possess firearms."
It's setup for multiple firearms which is good, but in whole it really just specifies what is in the other forum while lacking quite a bit of legal protection for both the buyer and the seller such as,

all of this
"I represent that this firearm is not stolen. I am the owner of the firearm listed above. If it can be shown now or in the future that this firearm was stolen prior to the date listed below, I will give the buyer a full refund for return of the firearm and all accessories listed above. This firearm is sold as is. No warranty is expressed or implied by the Seller. Seller assumes no responsibility after transfer of ownership has taken place. Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all aftermarket parts added to the firearm above. Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all original equipment parts on the firearm above. Buyer assumes all responsibility once transfer of ownership has taken place. Seller specifically disclaims any warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose of this firearm and disclaims all responsibility for consequential and/or incidental damages or any other losses arising from the use of said firearm. Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth and listed on this document, and acknowledges that he has received a true copy of this Bill of Sale/Transfer of Ownership and certifies that he is 21 years of age or older. Buyer acknowledges and understands that he will read the Owner's Manual. Buyer agrees that it will be his responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place to adjust, check, and follow all instructions as outlined in the Owner's Manual."

It is lacking all of that specific legal protection, instead replacing it with specific conditions in which would legally disqualify that person, which some of those on the forum vary from state to state.

The only line of legal protection it offers is, "I understand the firearm is sold AS-IS and no warranty has been implied or given. Firearm should be inspected by a competent gunsmith prior to using. Seller not responsible for any damages incurred or caused by the use of this firearm."

It expands a part which is fine being a blanket statement of, "Buyer attests that he is able to legally buy and possess firearms." Which is all you need to say

"Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution."

needs to be reworded to, "Have you ever been adjucated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you been committed to a mental institution."

"Ha s NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions."

the space needs to be fixed, this can make this part of the contract null and void based on a judges opinion, they tend to be pretty picky about format, punctuation, spelling, ect.

"In NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance."

needs to be changed to,

"E. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

That's all I can find for now. It does specify good stuff, however it is lacking as well in important areas.

I'm going to make one that is mash up of both of their best areas and make one really great bill of sale for everyone here. I'll keep you posted :s0155:

Ok here it is. I believe this should cover all the bases.
-It has spots for multiple firearms.
-It has all the legalities of being able to legally own firearms in it.
-It has all the buyer and seller protection, it is setup to go both ways as partys and transferrer and transferee instead of buyer and seller, this works well for trades and buying and selling. This eliminates the need for 2 forms being filled out in duplicate for a trade type transaction. Only one copy of the form would be needed by each party.
-Despite everything that had to go into it, IT'S ON ONE PAGE!

Here is the updated bill of sale that should work for every kind of transaction and cover yourself and the other party.

<broken link removed>

they claim the document is free, but I haven't found any way to do it without paying a monthly fee. Even tried printing it to a file too.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

If you have a Mac press command>shift>4. Then you can take a picture of it in 2 pieces.

Thanks phathom for all of your work on this! I saved it and might use it someday.......................elsullo:s0155:

Ok here it is. I believe this should cover all the bases.
-It has spots for multiple firearms.
-It has all the legalities of being able to legally own firearms in it.
-It has all the buyer and seller protection, it is setup to go both ways as partys and transferrer and transferee instead of buyer and seller, this works well for trades and buying and selling. This eliminates the need for 2 forms being filled out in duplicate for a trade type transaction. Only one copy of the form would be needed by each party.
-Despite everything that had to go into it, IT'S ON ONE PAGE!

Here is the updated bill of sale that should work for every kind of transaction and cover yourself and the other party.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads