JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD: rifle-sighted Ithaca Model 87 D.S. Police Special. The barrel is marked Model 37 Featherlight, but the serial number of 870042xxx indicates a 1996 built gun according to information from Walter Snyder's wonderful book: Ithaca Featherlight Repeaters: The Best Gun Going: A Complete History of the Ithaca Model 37 and the Model 87 which, I believe makes is a Model 87. The serial number is preceded with MAG- which may indicate a receiver able to negotiate the manipulation of 3-inch shells, but I am not sure about this. The barrel is only marked for 2 3/4-inch shells and is marked with the famous ROTO FORGE marking indicating Ithaca's excellent hammer forging. I got this off Gunbroker some years ago for a project and as I seem to be up to my ears in projects, want to let this one go. I was told by the seller it was a Police trade-in gun and it does show as such. The parkerized finish has some scratches on it, the front sight ramp is a bit mashed up, there is a small amount of pitting and a few scratches in the bore, but the gun functions and fires just fine and with the Choate stock is a dream to shoot. The gun feeds and ejects from the bottom so it is perfect for both left and right-handed shooters and there is no ejection port on the side to collect debris and jam the gun up. Price is $300 FTF in Salem. IM me here if you would like to buy it or have any questions.

Last Edited: