JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like a few other million people I been working on my what if list. With the lottery in the BILLION dollar take home range as it is a guy has to think deep about what he or she might use that money to do.

I'm adding a few new items to may list:

Buy 10 congressmen It shouldn't cost more then 100K each per year
Buy at least as many Senators they should cost more then 200K each per year

We are of course talking cash under the table I understand how it works!

As to the State level well I'm thinking that it wouldn't be that hard to buy someone from ever thinking about running again. SO POS POLE CAT and GIN RUMMY and Ole Peter COttontail would just go way. And a few million in the right direction could easily place MUCH better people in their slots. Wouldn't even have to worry about the Gov. as long as one house was solidly under control.
Heck a guy could easily adjust things back the way they should in a couple years for say 10 million a year.

When you have 1000 million its easy to get things done right.

Just some ideas in case anyone here might win.

Oh and I would really like that nation wide Carry permit thing

If you took the prize as a lump sum cash payment, you'd be lucky to see $300,000,000 actually end up in your bank acct. after getting the $700,000,000 principle payment and after taxes. Could be a bad news for your kids if you think you'll leave most of it in your will and you live somewhere there is a "death tax".

The $65,000,000 ($5.5 mil/month) gross over 20 years option will total $1.3 billion.
Likely netting around $700,000,000 after taxes over 20 years. You can invest the annual cash remainder if you can manage to live on less than 65 mil a year.

If you want to gift some to anyone you may need to then get it in legal writing and then get them signed on to the ticket prior to claiming the prize.

Don't hire a lawyer, hire a large law firm that is used to dealing daily with the likes of Gates, Buffet, etc...they'll know all the dodges to protect the money from taxes by setting up foundations, trusts, offshore accts etc...

You're rich...you'll need to think like them to stay that way.

Last Edited:
I would be more inclined to buy my own island in international waters and say screw you guys, I make my own laws.

Good luck with that.

There are very few private islands, and they all come under the jurisdiction of one country or another. You would wind up bribing one gov. or another to let you have the island and leave you alone.

Even those people who bought an oil rig in the north sea and declared it their own country, didn't work out very well.

Governments don't want to see people living free - it will either cost you money in an ongoing fashion, or you will live under the rule of one gov. or another. If you are bribing a gov. to leave you alone or to do what you want, you will never be able to trust them to not betray you down the road.

Good luck with that.

There are very few private islands, and they all come under the jurisdiction of one country or another. You would wind up bribing one gov. or another to let you have the island and leave you alone.

Even those people who bought an oil rig in the north sea and declared it their own country, didn't work out very well.

Governments don't want to see people living free - it will either cost you money in an ongoing fashion, or you will live under the rule of one gov. or another. If you are bribing a gov. to leave you alone or to do what you want, you will never be able to trust them to not betray you down the road.

I'll worry about it when I have the 500 million

sorry I dont like it...... where the rich buy the laws

used to be we the people

This nation use to be a Republic governed by rule of law, not dictate by legal fiat. Under the founding documents laws that took away rights (permanent or temporary) had to have a victim & they could not claim the society or community as the victim without a huge burden of proof. I may be a little off on the details, but I believe everything else is only a code similar to Civil or Mercantile Law (I believe why cities & counties have been incorporated is to act under authority of Mercantile Law), cannot be a felony & should not equal jail time, only a fine.

Over time politicians & elitist tyrants have eroded this into the current system where anyone can be imprisoned & stripped of rights for anything that is codified. Until we return to a just legal system, err on the side of liberty, rights of the individual, not on the side of mob justice & legal fiat we will be forever haunted by the threat of being a criminal for whatever the next petty tyrant deems as a public outrage.

If you took the prize as a lump sum cash payment, you'd be lucky to see $300,000,000 actually end up in your bank acct. after getting the $700,000,000 principle payment and after taxes. Could be a bad news for your kids if you think you'll leave most of it in your will and you live somewhere there is a "death tax".

The $65,000,000 ($5.5 mil/month) gross over 20 years option will total $1.3 billion.
Likely netting around $700,000,000 after taxes over 20 years. You can invest the annual cash remainder if you can manage to live on less than 65 mil a year.

If you want to gift some to anyone you may need to then get it in legal writing and then get them signed on to the ticket prior to claiming the prize.

Don't hire a lawyer, hire a large law firm that is used to dealing daily with the likes of Gates, Buffet, etc...they'll know all the dodges to protect the money from taxes by setting up foundations, trusts, offshore accts etc...

You're rich...you'll need to think like them to stay that way.

Always take the lump sum.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

I'd match Bloomberg dollar for dollar to even things out...
just because I agree with the gun laws you will buy like bloomberg is doing, doesnt mean I will agree with the next laws you decide to buy to suit your billionaire whims

sorry that just makes you the next guy I will need to watch and worry about..... in this corrupt system..... Americans believing they live in a democracy is completely delusional...
time to fly our flags upside down...no?

just because I agree with the gun laws you will buy like bloomberg is doing, doesnt mean I will agree with the next laws you decide to buy to suit your billionaire whims

sorry that just makes you the next guy I will need to watch and worry about..... in this corrupt system..... Americans believing they live in a democracy is completely delusional...
time to fly our flags upside down...no?

I understand that. I have no interest in becoming a politician. Just provide an equal financial opposition to the antis private funding.

The only law I would have expected written (besides repealing unjust gun laws and term limits) would be repealing the ACA!!!!
Nothing else I care to interfere with except maybe funding a revolution (if needed)....;)

Your odds of winning are close to zero, yet someone always does. I read once that the odds for the powerball are roughly that of picking the same penny twice in a row out of a Olympic sized swimming pool.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top