Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So my boss was at big 5 ....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by nautox, Jan 21, 2013.

1. nautox

nautox Kirkland, WA Member

So my boss was at Big 5 and he tells me this older lady comes in and say's "she won't be patronizing their establishment because they sell firearms"
    The staff tried to explain how they sell hunting rifles, no pistols and low capacity etc. But it fell on deaf ears.

Seriously? Are sheeple so controlled by the media that all of a sudden guns are evil because the TV said?
    Now people are marching for gun control?
    Why don't they picket Mcdonalds or the local bar? Heart disease and drunk drivers kill way more people.
    Heck, over 30,000 people died last year in car accidents alone last year. Where's their bleeding hearts for them?

Am I alone here or am I missing something?

Sorry, just had to rant.

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

It's called a lack of personal responsibility. People want a free ride and expect the gov to take care of them, they do things that are illegal or immoral and expect to get away with saying "I didn't know - sorry", they have gotten so lazy that they readily accept the twisted version of the facts that the media spoon feeds them regardless of how illogical or unbelievable that story is without any critical thinking/examination of the facts. Unfortunately many don't care about constitutional rights or much else provided they get their TV, internet, and video games fix. They will continue to listen to the talking heads on the news spewing an agenda that clearly is not in the best interest of the people and will act just like the computers they surf the net with - garbage in garbage out - with no actual thought about any of it and unfortunately they buy into the political agenda without any thought as well.

aksu747, just dan, gehrheart and 19 others like this.
  3. nivlak

nivlak Spokane New Member

older lady huh? I wouldn't think that they are active enough to enter a sporting good store.

4. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Good! maybe she can go to Dick's :cool:.

jfw, NOMOREBS, oneharmonic and 17 others like this.
  5. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

You're not missing anything. People are stupid, end of story.

FourTeeFive, aksu747, jfw and 7 others like this.
  6. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

Everyone understands the risks with driving and eating at McDonalds. Unless they are gun owners they think that all guns are like those in the expendables 2 or any Hollywood movie.

One more thing: if an outside group having no understanding threatened to take away driving, you bet they would be out in support of their rights. Just like we are.

7. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Maybe she's the type that does not like Dick's.

8. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Must have been her first time in a Big 5.

9. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

She can take her old lady stank on over to K-Mart.
    Geez, remember when K-Mart sold guns and ammo? yea I'm getting old get off my lawn

10. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Rush Limbaugh calls them Low Information Voters

I'm a doubting she ever shopped there in the first place, but I certainly have, bought many a Mosin Nagant and shotgun and .22 LR ammo

Oh, and we buy our hikers there

Dyjital and (deleted member) like this.
  11. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Hmmmm...old lady in a sporting goods store. Store probably sells 99% of its merchandise to men.

This is like me refusing to patronize the local maternity clothing store.

Just Me, Sure Shot, PX4WA and 2 others like this.
  12. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

My mother inlaw is a sweet little old lady. She is a part time greeter at WalMart. When we had the last run on ammo 4 years ago, I asked her to keep an eye out if they got in 9mm or 45 auto and pick it up for me. Well they were out so she and her friend drove to Salem and checked that store which was out. They then went to sporting good stores looking for it. They were on a mission. Can you imagine the clerk's reaction when two little 80 year old ladies shuffled up to the counter and asked for 500 rounds of 9mm and 500 of 45 auto? Gotta love her.

13. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

wonder if she had even shopped there before. "I will not shop at your store even though I've never bought anything before"

I should boycott tampons. Oh, wait....

At my first handgun class, there were 2 nice little old lady's there learning how to shoot their 22's. So they balance out this one.

14. DeadEyeMcGoo

DeadEyeMcGoo Seattle Active Member

Wait. Which store was this? Did they have any deals on ammo???

15. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes but keep in mind as you maline this old gal this is supposed to be a free country and she within her rights to chose where she shops for any reason she wants.

Theres a place in Salem that sells bargin Tee shirts. I work construction I have to wear Safety Orange or Green Tee shirts this Tee shirt shop has them at great prices. Yet because they play (IMHO) Horrid rap and Gangsta music blaring over their crappy sound system I won't go in the place again. Now thats my right.

The old lady gets to have hers.

16. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I chuck it up to...........some people are just fools. And here is the King of them........

king-obama_zpse378615b.jpg

Aloha, Mark

17. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

It's just ignorance. She wants less evil violence (which is great) but has been brainwashed into thinking gun control will help with that.

18. oly

oly Washington Member

Sure, the news she watches at 11 in the morning has been telling her "guns kill people" for years...

19. SturgeonSlayer

SturgeonSlayer St.Helens Active Member

man that was a while ago, along with being able to by guns from ace hardware... still have two shotguns and a old 30/30 frome the ace.

20. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ace in Silverton Sells ammo. Well some ammo they been hit pretty hard.