JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my boss was at Big 5 and he tells me this older lady comes in and say's "she won't be patronizing their establishment because they sell firearms"
The staff tried to explain how they sell hunting rifles, no pistols and low capacity etc. But it fell on deaf ears.

Seriously? Are sheeple so controlled by the media that all of a sudden guns are evil because the TV said?
Now people are marching for gun control?
Why don't they picket Mcdonalds or the local bar? Heart disease and drunk drivers kill way more people.
Heck, over 30,000 people died last year in car accidents alone last year. Where's their bleeding hearts for them?

Am I alone here or am I missing something?

Sorry, just had to rant.

It's called a lack of personal responsibility. People want a free ride and expect the gov to take care of them, they do things that are illegal or immoral and expect to get away with saying "I didn't know - sorry", they have gotten so lazy that they readily accept the twisted version of the facts that the media spoon feeds them regardless of how illogical or unbelievable that story is without any critical thinking/examination of the facts. Unfortunately many don't care about constitutional rights or much else provided they get their TV, internet, and video games fix. They will continue to listen to the talking heads on the news spewing an agenda that clearly is not in the best interest of the people and will act just like the computers they surf the net with - garbage in garbage out - with no actual thought about any of it and unfortunately they buy into the political agenda without any thought as well.

Everyone understands the risks with driving and eating at McDonalds. Unless they are gun owners they think that all guns are like those in the expendables 2 or any Hollywood movie.

One more thing: if an outside group having no understanding threatened to take away driving, you bet they would be out in support of their rights. Just like we are.

Rush Limbaugh calls them Low Information Voters

I'm a doubting she ever shopped there in the first place, but I certainly have, bought many a Mosin Nagant and shotgun and .22 LR ammo

Oh, and we buy our hikers there

Hmmmm...old lady in a sporting goods store. Store probably sells 99% of its merchandise to men.

This is like me refusing to patronize the local maternity clothing store.

My mother inlaw is a sweet little old lady. She is a part time greeter at WalMart. When we had the last run on ammo 4 years ago, I asked her to keep an eye out if they got in 9mm or 45 auto and pick it up for me. Well they were out so she and her friend drove to Salem and checked that store which was out. They then went to sporting good stores looking for it. They were on a mission. Can you imagine the clerk's reaction when two little 80 year old ladies shuffled up to the counter and asked for 500 rounds of 9mm and 500 of 45 auto? Gotta love her.

wonder if she had even shopped there before. "I will not shop at your store even though I've never bought anything before"

I should boycott tampons. Oh, wait....

At my first handgun class, there were 2 nice little old lady's there learning how to shoot their 22's. So they balance out this one.

Yes but keep in mind as you maline this old gal this is supposed to be a free country and she within her rights to chose where she shops for any reason she wants.

Theres a place in Salem that sells bargin Tee shirts. I work construction I have to wear Safety Orange or Green Tee shirts this Tee shirt shop has them at great prices. Yet because they play (IMHO) Horrid rap and Gangsta music blaring over their crappy sound system I won't go in the place again. Now thats my right.

The old lady gets to have hers.

So my boss was at Big 5 and he tells me this older lady comes in and say's "she won't be patronizing their establishment because they sell firearms"
The staff tried to explain how they sell hunting rifles, no pistols and low capacity etc. But it fell on deaf ears.

Seriously? Are sheeple so controlled by the media that all of a sudden guns are evil because the TV said?
Now people are marching for gun control?
Why don't they picket Mcdonalds or the local bar? Heart disease and drunk drivers kill way more people.
Heck, over 30,000 people died last year in car accidents alone last year. Where's their bleeding hearts for them?

Am I alone here or am I missing something?

Sorry, just had to rant.

Sure, the news she watches at 11 in the morning has been telling her "guns kill people" for years...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top