JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All!

I am new to the forum and new to the PNW in general. I recently relocated from (get the pitchforks ready) the communist state of California. Now before you all try and chase me back to the drought, hot weather, high gas prices, insane firearm laws, fake people, and overall hellhole that is Los Angeles know I am the type of (Ex-)Californian that hated all the lunacy of the state and wanted out. I certainly don't want to bring anything from there to here, in fact I will donate my bullet buttons from my AR's (google it if you don't know) to anyone who would like to see the illogical reasoning I escaped from.

I have been collecting Firearms since I was 18 and have acquired what I feel to be a sufficient handle on the sport and all that comes with it. I fancy myself a Shade tree gunsmith and have done a lot of work on my AK's, 1911's, AR's, and various other firearms. I was active in the shooting community in my old neck of the woods and hope to do the same in the beautiful PNW.

With all that being out in the open; I know saying I am from California (born in Georgia if that redeems me at all) is not something a lot of people like up here, and I was wondering what is the statute of limitations on me being a dirty Californian and where can I apply for my pardon?

My pardon arrived the day I quit complaining about the Tacos and started doing stuff outside even if it was raining.

In that case I make awesome Taco's ( made some Guacamole last night even ). And I love the rain but I will admit it will be hard to go shooting and have the weather misting on my steel but that's what oil is for so baby steps

Welcome to the NW and to the forum. Your pass will come when you choose to vote against the anti-gun politicians in your state - you know, prove your loyalty to the cause ;)

Being aware of your problem is the first step. You seem to have that one down. You tried to walk away from your problem, I guess we can call that step 2. You've offered yourself up to your peers for punishment, step 3?
You seem to be well on your way to greatness, welcome here.

One of the select few that I trust with my life was born and raised in San Jose. You'll be fine.

Resonates with me. Raised in Dunwoody sent to Belmont, Ca. Now in another liberal state but outside of communist jurisdiction. Load up that high magazine without any worries!

Welcome to the North West! Your Kalifornian indoctrination is all ready starting to wear away, and the true self is coming out!:cool: Here you will find a bunch of good folk that share your love of this great hobby! Your Pass will come sooner then you think! Just so you know, You will always have a bit of friendly ribbing for being from "Down There" so get used to it! Learn to drive weird and learn to do it when it rains, and you will fit in just fine, just make sure you get rid of that pasty licence plate!:D

I was active in the shooting community in my old neck of the woods and hope to do the same in the beautiful PNW.

Bloods, Crips or Pirus? :eek: :D For some reason :s0153: I thought those were the only shooting "Communities" in Los Angeles? Just teasing you some and hope you've got a sense of humor....Sounds like you do!

I moved here from the (less polluted then), rude people, miserable hot summers/frigid winters of the Salt Lake Valley, about this time of year, in 1983. You mention the rain? Hopefully you're like me and will come to appreciate the sweet soft air of our area, and the sweet water too! That's not soap still there after rinsing, that is the feel of softness.

Step outside this morning and take a deep breath...............Don't worry, if you're missing the sun, it will be here in good time! If you really belong here you'll feel it!

Welcome!

welcome to the PNW, change your plates, get rid of anything that identifies as "communiforinia" and re-invent yourself. A good beard is a start as well as carharts and flannel, but becareful, NO man buns! Pictures are ok to keep, just tell people it was a vacation and they'll give you a pass. Get used to the rain and cold... This means throw away that damn umbrella or repurpose it for summer sun. By the time your tan goes away no one will no the difference. A beat up 4x4 will go a long way too.;):D:s0071:

Ohh, only eat wild caught salmon, Never, I mean NEVER get caught eating farm raised fish up here... bad juju

Last Edited:
Sounds as if you've escaped and have thrown your shackles away. Also sounds as if you are not trying to bring the Komiefornia attitude up here with you. (I have neighbors that moved up here from CA. They brought the mentality with them, and have chosen to invoke it on everyone around them. I don't like them and want nothing to do with them!).

As far as I'm concerned, from what I have read so far, you are WELCOME here in my books!

:s0090:

Welcome aboard! I recently interviewed and also most got a job in Kali....No cigar for coming in #2....I was really frustrated with trying to figure out which firearms were legal, partly legal etc. if I moved. Made my head hurt. Would have been a big payraise but glad it didn't work out.

Brutus Out

welcome to the PNW, change your plates, get rid of anything that identifies as "communiforinia" and re-invent yourself. A good beard is a start as well as carharts and flannel, but becareful, NO man buns! Pictures are ok to keep, just tell people it was a vacation and they'll give you a pass. Get used to the rain and cold... This means throw away that damn umbrella or repurpose it for summer sun. By the time your tan goes away no one will no the difference. A beat up 4x4 will go a long way too.;):D:s0071:

Ohh, only eat wild caught salmon, Never, I mean NEVER get caught eating farm raised fish up here... bad juju
nailed it right on the head. PNW unwritten rules.

Welcome to the party... just be aware you've only moved into a lower-temperature part of the fire... I'm sure the Festering Pustules of Bluetard Jackassery will keep pushing us toward the edge of the Kommiefornia Kliff too fast for comfort.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top