Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So glad to be here and Im NeverGoinBack

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NeverGoinBack, May 24, 2016.

1. NeverGoinBack

NeverGoinBack Vancouver Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Hello All!

I am new to the forum and new to the PNW in general. I recently relocated from (get the pitchforks ready) the communist state of California. Now before you all try and chase me back to the drought, hot weather, high gas prices, insane firearm laws, fake people, and overall hellhole that is Los Angeles know I am the type of (Ex-)Californian that hated all the lunacy of the state and wanted out. I certainly don't want to bring anything from there to here, in fact I will donate my bullet buttons from my AR's (google it if you don't know) to anyone who would like to see the illogical reasoning I escaped from.

I have been collecting Firearms since I was 18 and have acquired what I feel to be a sufficient handle on the sport and all that comes with it. I fancy myself a Shade tree gunsmith and have done a lot of work on my AK's, 1911's, AR's, and various other firearms. I was active in the shooting community in my old neck of the woods and hope to do the same in the beautiful PNW.

With all that being out in the open; I know saying I am from California (born in Georgia if that redeems me at all) is not something a lot of people like up here, and I was wondering what is the statute of limitations on me being a dirty Californian and where can I apply for my pardon?

2. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

My pardon arrived the day I quit complaining about the (bought) Tacos and started doing stuff outside even if it was raining.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Highsite and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. NeverGoinBack

NeverGoinBack Vancouver Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

In that case I make awesome Taco's ( made some Guacamole last night even ). And I love the rain but I will admit it will be hard to go shooting and have the weather misting on my steel but that's what oil is for so baby steps

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Welcome and glad you found nwfa! It's a pretty decent place around here, you will enjoy it.

5. SA Shooter

SA Shooter Hillsboro, OR Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome to the PNW and NWFA!

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the NW and to the forum. Your pass will come when you choose to vote against the anti-gun politicians in your state - you know, prove your loyalty to the cause ;)

maddog and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. x2ndxall

x2ndxall WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Being aware of your problem is the first step. You seem to have that one down. You tried to walk away from your problem, I guess we can call that step 2. You've offered yourself up to your peers for punishment, step 3?
    You seem to be well on your way to greatness, welcome here.

One of the select few that I trust with my life was born and raised in San Jose. You'll be fine.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. MightyCasey

MightyCasey Snohomish Active Member

Resonates with me. Raised in Dunwoody sent to Belmont, Ca. Now in another liberal state but outside of communist jurisdiction. Load up that high magazine without any worries!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

Welcome to the North West! Your Kalifornian indoctrination is all ready starting to wear away, and the true self is coming out!:cool: Here you will find a bunch of good folk that share your love of this great hobby! Your Pass will come sooner then you think! Just so you know, You will always have a bit of friendly ribbing for being from "Down There" so get used to it! Learn to drive weird and learn to do it when it rains, and you will fit in just fine, just make sure you get rid of that pasty licence plate!:D

etrain16 and x2ndxall like this.
  10. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Welcome :D Nothing wrong in being from CA. Great opportunities
    shooting matches at the local gun clubs. :rolleyes:

11. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Bloods, Crips or Pirus? :eek: :D For some reason :s0153: I thought those were the only shooting "Communities" in Los Angeles? Just teasing you some and hope you've got a sense of humor....Sounds like you do!

I moved here from the (less polluted then), rude people, miserable hot summers/frigid winters of the Salt Lake Valley, about this time of year, in 1983. You mention the rain? Hopefully you're like me and will come to appreciate the sweet soft air of our area, and the sweet water too! That's not soap still there after rinsing, that is the feel of softness.

Step outside this morning and take a deep breath...............Don't worry, if you're missing the sun, it will be here in good time! If you really belong here you'll feel it!

Welcome!

Ura-Ki and etrain16 like this.
  12. Larrytpdx

Larrytpdx Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Welcome. Glad to have you here.

13. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

welcome. now you can enjoy standard capacity mags for your AR (30)

etrain16 likes this.
  14. Highsite

Highsite Maple Valley New Member

welcome to the PNW, change your plates, get rid of anything that identifies as "communiforinia" and re-invent yourself. A good beard is a start as well as carharts and flannel, but becareful, NO man buns! Pictures are ok to keep, just tell people it was a vacation and they'll give you a pass. Get used to the rain and cold... This means throw away that damn umbrella or repurpose it for summer sun. By the time your tan goes away no one will no the difference. A beat up 4x4 will go a long way too.;):D:s0071:

Ohh, only eat wild caught salmon, Never, I mean NEVER get caught eating farm raised fish up here... bad juju

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Dyjital, Ura-Ki, v0lcom13sn0w and 3 others like this.
  15. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Sounds as if you've escaped and have thrown your shackles away. Also sounds as if you are not trying to bring the Komiefornia attitude up here with you. (I have neighbors that moved up here from CA. They brought the mentality with them, and have chosen to invoke it on everyone around them. I don't like them and want nothing to do with them!).

As far as I'm concerned, from what I have read so far, you are WELCOME here in my books!

:s0090:

etrain16 likes this.
  16. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! I recently interviewed and also most got a job in Kali....No cigar for coming in #2....I was really frustrated with trying to figure out which firearms were legal, partly legal etc. if I moved. Made my head hurt. Would have been a big payraise but glad it didn't work out.

Brutus Out

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  17. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

nailed it right on the head. PNW unwritten rules.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

When you get your web feet :p:p:p:p

Welcome

Brutus57 and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

First of all, when asked where you are from.... begin like" "I was born in Georgia.... I had to live in Kalifornia for a while but happily moved north to PNW.

Brutus Out

oknow likes this.
  20. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party... just be aware you've only moved into a lower-temperature part of the fire... I'm sure the Festering Pustules of Bluetard Jackassery will keep pushing us toward the edge of the Kommiefornia Kliff too fast for comfort.

x2ndxall and Brutus57 like this.