JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone ever try 3-gun and use an IWB holster? I prefer to complete how I train and carry. Is this really going to hurt me score wise a lot?

Morpheus

PS No, I'm not new. And no, my name has nothing to do with the Matrix. To age myself, it pre-dates the Matrix by almost a decade.

I haven't shot 3-gun but I did shoot USPSA with a guy that shot from an IWB appendix carry last summer. He was pretty quick and very competitive, placed 1st or 2nd in his class. We all cringed every time he drew though, his muzzle was pretty close to some sensitive body parts, not a place for an ND.

Even if it does hurt your score, it WILL make you better. Performing under stress is not a normal practice when it comes to firearms training when we do it by ourselves, the clock introduces that stress. More than likely you will alter the way train and carry after competition, I know I have. Good luck!

I haven't shot 3-gun but I did shoot USPSA with a guy that shot from an IWB appendix carry last summer. He was pretty quick and very competitive, placed 1st or 2nd in his class. We all cringed every time he drew though, his muzzle was pretty close to some sensitive body parts, not a place for an ND.

Gabe. Very skilled and knowledgeable. He's practiced that draw as much as any M has practiced their draw.

The time difference between a IWB and OWB holster draw will not be significant for a long time when you start in any of the action shooting sports except Speed Steel/Steel Challenge.
What will hamper you is poor positioning of your shot shell holders, whatever type you choose, if you don't have them positioned in front . When it comes to shotgun if you aren't at least using caddies let alone any of the load 2 or 4 systems that is what will make you non competitive. But your score only matters to you.

Gabe. Very skilled and knowledgeable. He's practiced that draw as much as any M has practiced their draw.

That's the guy. He was FAST but for those of us that draw from a Competition style holster it's hard to wrap our heads around COMPETING from an appendix carry. He opened some eyes to what is possible, I carry IWB in the hollow of my hip but if I lose my belly I may give Appendix carry a try-just not shooting any matches like that. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top