JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ryan Gorman
Daily Mail
August 4, 2013

A member of the US Senate was caught this week trying to make a rather conspicuous edit to Edward Snowden’s Wikipedia page .

In a move sure to grind the gears of conspiracy theorists everywhere, a member of the US Senate recently edited Snowden’s Wikipedia page from describing him as a ‘dissident’ to a traitor, according to the entry’s changelog. The user’s IP address was quickly traced back to the US Senate.

It is not clear if the person is an active Senator, a staffer or an intern, but the change certainly came from the Senate.

» Snowden?s Wikipedia page edited to change his description from ?dissident? to ?traitor? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Edward Snowden's Wikipedia page edited from 'dissident' to 'traitor' by someone within US Senate | Mail Online

Sheep will believe the government and pay to their betters watch them in their corrals, herding them to the chutes once in a while to be sheered.

Russia thinks so highly of the US official stance on Snowden being a traitor that they offered him Asylum.

You might want to pull your heads out of your butts as well to understand the implications of this, considering that this was done at Putin's behest, who used to be a KGP Colonel.

I seem to recall that once upon a time Washington, Hancock et al were considered "traitors"... two hundred years later we call them Founding Fathers.

Not putting Snowden on their level, just saying some things really are a matter of perspective.

He didn't betray our country. Our government did that... he just let the American people know about it.
Snowden is a patriot who's being denigrated by public employees who are becoming increasingly totalitarian.

The gov't collecting this data is a separate question. There were legitimate avenues open to expose this the right (and legal) way.

For example, there is a law that basically gives a whistleblower immunity if (s)he goes up the chain of command or reports suspected wrongdoing to a member of congress. But he did none of that. Instead he took it upon himself to make this public and ran just like the coward he is.

Oh, and I am no public employee and I have no love for this president. In fact, I want him to fail at everything he tries. But Snowden doing what he did and the government doing what he alleges are two very different questions.

I have mixed feeling about Snowden and this incident. The fact that he "leaked" or exposed the US spying on its citizens is fine by me, and for THAT, I'd think he should walk. Unfortunately, it's all the other details that I can see the whole "traitor" side of things.
First theres the issue of him publicly stating he got the NSA job for the sole purpose of gathering info on the Gov't spying on it's citizens. It's not like he had been doing the job and happened to come across the info, he went there looking for it. I don't think the whistleblower laws would even cover that.
Second, as soon as he was out of the US, he started blabbing to all the other countries what intel we've been gathering on them and how we were doing it too. That right there is treason.

For those two reasons alone I think he'll fry, and I won't have any issues with it. Again, if he had just been a normal worker who happened across the spying issue, had a issue with his conscience, and released that limited amount of data, I think he'd be fine. But thats NOT what he did. He went way beyond.

He's better off over there anyway, good for him. When this country goes down the sewer he'll be in a better place. They are making us look very bad with their determination and strong work ethic. "Isms" are overrated. Who are we inside this police surveillance state to judge anyone?

We are lazy slobs who don't care about anything except the status quo and the latest big screen LED TV.

Of course there are morons who believe Snowden is a traitor.

In the Empire of Lies, Truth is Treason.

The Rise Of The Bear: 18 Signs That Russia Is Rapidly Catching Up To The United States

http://www.globalresearch.ca/27-edw...hat-should-send-a-chill-up-your-spine/5338714

"The great fear that I have regarding the outcome for America of these disclosures is that nothing will change. [People] won't be willing to take the risks necessary to stand up and fight to change things... And in the months ahead, the years ahead, it's only going to get worse. [The NSA will] say that... because of the crisis, the dangers that we face in the world, some new and unpredicted threat, we need more authority, we need more power, and there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose it. And it will be turnkey tyranny." - Edward Snowden

This guy was closed down rather than help them spy on American citizens emails. There truly are heroes out there willing to sacrifice their livelihood.

Lavabit, email service Snowden reportedly used, abruptly shuts down - Boing Boing

My Fellow Users,

I have been forced to make a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit. After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations. I wish that I could legally share with you the events that led to my decision. I cannot. I feel you deserve to know what's going on--the first amendment is supposed to guarantee me the freedom to speak out in situations like this. Unfortunately, Congress has passed laws that say otherwise. As things currently stand, I cannot share my experiences over the last six weeks, even though I have twice made the appropriate requests.

What's going to happen now? We've already started preparing the paperwork needed to continue to fight for the Constitution in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. A favorable decision would allow me resurrect Lavabit as an American company.

This experience has taught me one very important lesson: without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would _strongly_ recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States.

Sincerely,
Ladar Levison
Owner and Operator, Lavabit LLC

There is NO HOPE for America when the ignorant masses not only do not resist their enslavement, but they cheer it on.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews