JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was up there about 2 weeks ago, and the main gravel pit shooting area is getting trashed. Some mouthbreathers burned a mattress & left the metal spring foundation behind, as well as a bunch of other crap that left metal behind. I cleaned up what I could.
This is one of the last areas left that you can find longer distance spots...please bring some contractor bags & maybe even a shovel if you go here. Lets keep it open!

I was up there about 2 weeks ago, and the main gravel pit shooting area is getting trashed. Some mouthbreathers burned a mattress & left the metal spring foundation behind, as well as a bunch of other crap that left metal behind. I cleaned up what I could.
This is one of the last areas left that you can find longer distance spots...please bring some contractor bags & maybe even a shovel if you go here. Lets keep it open!
It's gotta be closed right now because of the fire danger. Is it a State Forest? I see it's not part of the Santiam SF, but all state forests are closed and Federal forests don't want us out there, or on BLM land, either.

I think hunting access is okay, just no target shooting while there. Gotta check with ODFW for hunting access info.

Yes, that shovel is required! Also required is at least a gallon of water, (but 2-5 gallons are better), and/or a fire extinguisher.

I'm sure Linn Co Sheriff's Dept would have info on if it's open or not.

I plan to visit that area, mostly to the North in Santiam SF, when access is okay. There is a gravel pit we were to do some target shooting improvements to, with Santiam SF officials, and that pit is currently on fire. That might help us remove a couple trees and make the improvement just a little easier. While I'm down there, I'd like to go see the situation at Snow Peak. I'll plan on picking up what I can.

Thanks for doing what you could and the report! Makes us all look good! (Pics would be ideal!)

Bill
CEO/Pres Trash No Land

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews