JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was up there about 2 weeks ago, and the main gravel pit shooting area is getting trashed. Some mouthbreathers burned a mattress & left the metal spring foundation behind, as well as a bunch of other crap that left metal behind. I cleaned up what I could.
This is one of the last areas left that you can find longer distance spots...please bring some contractor bags & maybe even a shovel if you go here. Lets keep it open!

I was up there about 2 weeks ago, and the main gravel pit shooting area is getting trashed. Some mouthbreathers burned a mattress & left the metal spring foundation behind, as well as a bunch of other crap that left metal behind. I cleaned up what I could.
This is one of the last areas left that you can find longer distance spots...please bring some contractor bags & maybe even a shovel if you go here. Lets keep it open!
It's gotta be closed right now because of the fire danger. Is it a State Forest? I see it's not part of the Santiam SF, but all state forests are closed and Federal forests don't want us out there, or on BLM land, either.

I think hunting access is okay, just no target shooting while there. Gotta check with ODFW for hunting access info.

Yes, that shovel is required! Also required is at least a gallon of water, (but 2-5 gallons are better), and/or a fire extinguisher.

I'm sure Linn Co Sheriff's Dept would have info on if it's open or not.

I plan to visit that area, mostly to the North in Santiam SF, when access is okay. There is a gravel pit we were to do some target shooting improvements to, with Santiam SF officials, and that pit is currently on fire. That might help us remove a couple trees and make the improvement just a little easier. While I'm down there, I'd like to go see the situation at Snow Peak. I'll plan on picking up what I can.

Thanks for doing what you could and the report! Makes us all look good! (Pics would be ideal!)

Bill
CEO/Pres Trash No Land

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews