Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Smith & Wesson 629-4 stainless 4" barrel 44 magnum trade for Glock 20

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by graniteclimber, May 4, 2013.

1. graniteclimber

graniteclimber Hillsboro, OR Member

I have decided to trade my Smith & Wesson 629-4. It has a 4" barrel and is chambered in 44 magnum (obviously). Factory matte stainless finish. The gun comes with a set of factory checkered target grips and a set of factory rubber Hogue grips. This revolver is essentially flawless and is in very excellent condition. The picture does not do it justice.

As we all know the "-4" version is very sought after seeing as how it has the endurance package, HMFP, no lock, the new sight that is rounded, and no MIM parts.

Cash price is $850 but I would prefer to trade for a Glock 20 (SF or regular frame) + cash on your end depending on what comes with your G20. Keep in mind I can go down to Fishermans and buy a NIB G20 for $579.

If you have an OD green frame G20 you will move to the front of the list. ---The ONLY trade I am interested in is a Glock 20. Offers of other trades will be ignored.---

Here is a picture:

629-4_zpscd0c1f5d.jpg

2. biker bo

biker bo Myrtle Creek Active Member

I have the twin to this minus the target grips. Someone is going to be getting a great handgun. You also failed to point out yours has the harder to find red ramp front and white outline rear sights . If it has the square butt this is a very hard to find 629 . I'm not sure why you would trade this for a piece of tuperwear but good luck.

3. graniteclimber

Now you have me rethinking listing the gun!!

doomsday and (deleted member) like this.
  4. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

worth more than a Glock 20 for sure. don't be a sucker!

5. fireninja13

fireninja13 Newberg / Portland Metro Active Member

If you sell a pre-lock S&W wheel gun you're gonna regret it. As you said, you can always buy a Glock. . . but you'll have a hell of a time finding another like what you have.

taroman and (deleted member) like this.
  6. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Pre-lock Smith's are a beautiful thing. G20's are a dime a dozen. The front sight ramp is nothing. Consider the smoothest double action trigger in production before you trade. I have let a few Smith's go. I regret them all.

fireninja13 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Revolvers

Revolvers Eastside of Seattle Member

Echoing the sentiments of the other posters...

8. jrrenfro

jrrenfro OR Member

You may want to re-check the crane stamp..

PNW Tom and (deleted member) like this.
  9. graniteclimber

I was wrong, the gun is a 629-3, not a -4....