Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Small problem with EAA Witness Match 10mm

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I took my Witness to the range and put 100 rounds thru it. very accurate (Wish I was) but the first mag emptied and locked back, I easily dropped the empty mag. The next mag in rotation and every one after (Including the first one) would not release the mag with the slide locked back. Anyone heard of this before or have any Ideas? At least it shoot all the ammo. I was using Underwood ammo.

2. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Have you tried putting in an empty mag, pulling the slide back so it locks, then releasing the mag? It might be that the slide stop is putting pressure on the mag.

elsie

3. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

That is the problem, but you should not have to release the slide to release the magazine. The magazine should release with the slide locked back, so you can drop out the empty magazine, reload a fresh full magazine and then release the slide to put the weapon in battery. Yes you can do it as it is but it makes for a much slower reload.

4. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Had a friend with a Kimber that did that; he replaced the slide stop and that did it for him.

5. Pandaz3

I just sent a message to EAA so next week sometime when they get back they might let me know their thoughts.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Have one, inserting the loaded mag into the gun with a light slam instantly drops the slide home/into battery. Excellent combat feature. What color are your followers? Red or black?

PS my empty mags drop out easily, they are late gen black follower types

7. Pandaz3

Black, mags seem okay they just don't release when the slide locks back on empty, I'll get it sorted.

8. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I don't get it.....Are you saying once the slide locks back after the last round is fired the mag won't release when you PUSH THE MAG RELEASE BUTTON? And you then must pry slightly with your finger to get the mag to drop? I have an Elite Limited (has ran flawless in the 150 rounds I've put through it), the mag follower is just barely depressed by the slide release on last shot, after lock back. Perhaps there's a burr on the mag release button, or something came loose in the mag well that is binding on the mag?

??

Mike

9. Pandaz3

Sorry just seen your post, but yes that is the story. EAA says send it back, I don't really want to do that.