Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

SKS vs. 270 Wolv. Barrel

SKS Purchase or 270 Wolverine Barrel for AR15?

• SKS

Votes: 6 66.7%

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Okay gang, which is it? $400+ for an SKS now that Classic Firearms has them in, or get a 270 Wolverine barrel for an AR I have in 300 BLK. I got an SBR stamp and built an SBR in 300BLK so don't need the full size AR anymore. So debating which to get. I already have an AR in 7.62x39, so the SKS would replace it. I am a reloader and caster so the 270 sounds like fun, but so does re-furbishing an SKS.

Rodney

slimmer13

Reactions
I say SKS. I hope by "refurbishing" it, you mean putting a sweet Tapco stock on it, some duckbill mags and a NCstar red dot. That would be awesome.

OP
TheGameMaster
Reactions
Hey Gang. Went with an SKS. Mine ended up being nice with all matching numbers and little barrel and action wear. Looks like it was carried a lot and never shot. It shoots like a dream. It's a Jianshe Arsenal 26 from 1966 type 56; early model with forged receiver and trigger group (that's the year they switched to stamped trigger groups and receivers for Vietnam). It kicks less than my 300 BLK. I got an after market bolt for it and did the drop bolt mod to it, and got some cheap Tapco 20 round mags; and installed a Murry's pin into it. Squirreled away the original pin, bolt, and mag with the matching numbers. 2 inch group at 100 yards, 6 inches high. I'll have to sight her in better when I have more time (windage is dead on). Thanks for the input gang.

Joe13

Reactions
Hey Gang. Went with an SKS. Mine ended up being nice with all matching numbers and little barrel and action wear. Looks like it was carried a lot and never shot. It shoots like a dream. It's a Jianshe Arsenal 26 from 1966 type 56; early model with forged receiver and trigger group (that's the year they switched to stamped trigger groups and receivers for Vietnam). It kicks less than my 300 BLK. I got an after market bolt for it and did the drop bolt mod to it, and got some cheap Tapco 20 round mags; and installed a Murry's pin into it. Squirreled away the original pin, bolt, and mag with the matching numbers. 2 inch group at 100 yards, 6 inches high. I'll have to sight her in better when I have more time (windage is dead on). Thanks for the input gang.
Thanks for the update :cool:and congrats;)

So many threads die in the middle without the post buy feedback:(

bsa1917hunter

Reactions
Good choice. I just got 2 sks rifles. One is new in the box (per se), the other one was my dad's favorite rifle. Its extremely accurate. Ive always liked them.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider