JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

SKS Purchase or 270 Wolverine Barrel for AR15?

• SKS

Votes: 6 66.7%

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Okay gang, which is it? $400+ for an SKS now that Classic Firearms has them in, or get a 270 Wolverine barrel for an AR I have in 300 BLK. I got an SBR stamp and built an SBR in 300BLK so don't need the full size AR anymore. So debating which to get. I already have an AR in 7.62x39, so the SKS would replace it. I am a reloader and caster so the 270 sounds like fun, but so does re-furbishing an SKS.

Rodney

Hey Gang. Went with an SKS. Mine ended up being nice with all matching numbers and little barrel and action wear. Looks like it was carried a lot and never shot. It shoots like a dream. It's a Jianshe Arsenal 26 from 1966 type 56; early model with forged receiver and trigger group (that's the year they switched to stamped trigger groups and receivers for Vietnam). It kicks less than my 300 BLK. I got an after market bolt for it and did the drop bolt mod to it, and got some cheap Tapco 20 round mags; and installed a Murry's pin into it. Squirreled away the original pin, bolt, and mag with the matching numbers. 2 inch group at 100 yards, 6 inches high. I'll have to sight her in better when I have more time (windage is dead on). Thanks for the input gang.

Hey Gang. Went with an SKS. Mine ended up being nice with all matching numbers and little barrel and action wear. Looks like it was carried a lot and never shot. It shoots like a dream. It's a Jianshe Arsenal 26 from 1966 type 56; early model with forged receiver and trigger group (that's the year they switched to stamped trigger groups and receivers for Vietnam). It kicks less than my 300 BLK. I got an after market bolt for it and did the drop bolt mod to it, and got some cheap Tapco 20 round mags; and installed a Murry's pin into it. Squirreled away the original pin, bolt, and mag with the matching numbers. 2 inch group at 100 yards, 6 inches high. I'll have to sight her in better when I have more time (windage is dead on). Thanks for the input gang.

Thanks for the update :cool:and congrats;)

So many threads die in the middle without the post buy feedback:(

Good choice. I just got 2 sks rifles. One is new in the box (per se), the other one was my dad's favorite rifle. Its extremely accurate. Ive always liked them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top