Nice!!! This one is 1.8 million. Import marked but all military.Nice rifle fer sure...
Arsenal 26; 7,048,XXX; 1962, RVN Bringback, blade bayo.
The dood was a retired Sgt Major and also had a capture flag and a Montagnard Crossbow w/ bolts and quiver...
I had figured it as 1963 using the 56 +# of millions = 1963,
but this cite figures it differently;
Dating The Chinese SKS
- 1962: 7 million /26\ marked guns, S/N ~7,000,001 to at least 7,110,589.
- 1963: 8 million /26\ marked guns, S/N ~8,000,001 to at least 8,129,462.
- 1964: 9 million /26\ marked guns, S/N ~9,000,001 to at least 9,218,138. First observation of short barrel lug, first observation of spike bayonet.
- 1965: 10 million /26\ marked guns, S/N ~10,000,001 to at least 10,294,099. Stock sling swivel relocated to bottom again.
- 1966: 11 million /26\ marked guns, S/N ~11,000,001 to at least 11,525,570 (This S/N range seems excessively long…something is going on here we don't fully understand!). First observation of stamped trigger group, first two piece gas tube, deletion of bolt carrier and bayo lug lightening cuts.