JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weight.
This would be too heavy to pack with that many barrels
the original all steel 12" barreled 20ga 3" magnum with tear gas canister launcher and front trigger for the tear gas, weighted 8-9lbs. I think thats just about the same weight as my 1952 28" barreled, all steel, wood JC Higgins MOdel 20 12ga hunting shotgun. You could probably make this thing a lot lighter by utilizing aluminum chassis/frame and M4 stock pieces and then use only steel barrels with no chokes, and no tear gas thing and a simple plastic front grip.... heck, make it with USGI AR grips...
maybe make it even lighter by going to only 6 barrels, or 4 barrels, instead of 8 barrels.
The 4 barrel Winchester Liberator shotgun, a 20ga version, was something like 5 or 6lbs with steel barrel, on the same level as a slickside KISS AR15

The suppressed, stand-alone version looks like an interesting design for a fighting shotgun:

IMG_0536-660x495.jpg

Alas, the last I checked, these were pretty much vaporware.

Hera Arms made a single shot .410/.45LC that mounts to an AR, but I can't find anything about sales.
There was talk about them releasing a 12ga version as well.

Similiar to the zip22 I would love to see a 12ga even single shot AR attachment that is for sale in the US.

Most likely because the attachment itself is considered a separate firearm and due to the designs, is likely considered an NFA weapon..even if only in the "AOW" area.

Consider the following specs for any of these under barrel shotgun things;
Smoothbore firearm
Shorter than 18" barrel
Cannot be shouldered by itself
Is NOT built on a stocked shotgun receiver (similar to the Serbu Super Shorty )
Because it doesnt have a rifled barrel like the centerfire pistols......it cannot be considered a pistol, way I remember it. I of course could be horribly wrong on this lol.

By the way, that Serbu thing probably could make use of the Knight Armament Corporation's Masterkey mount and be pretty compact... there also is a straight pull 12ga thing that is also under barrel mounted

Have any of you shot a M16/M4-M203 combo? Although it's a COOL piece of hardware with a LOT of destructive capabilities, shooting the M16/M4 with a M203 under it feels "awkward", because your hand is so far below the barrel and the weapon wants to "flop over" from being a tad top-heavy.

When I was in they were (generally) only issued to squad/team leaders (read-"senior" unit members, read-NOT young privates with perpetual boners) and it takes a LOT of handling and shooting practice to get used to it when you're coming off of only shooting standard issued rifles.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top