JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty good video, I think the most important knots I know and use frequently are:

Bowline
Figure-8 Loop (used a lot in climbing)
Blood knot (great stopper knot for climbing, also prevents rope from becoming frayed at the end)
Reef Knot
Trucker Hitch (followed by a backhand or clove hitch)
Surgeons knot (for fishing)
Prusik knot (for ascending, and as a back up stopper in repelling)
alpine butterfly (if you need to tie a loop somewhere middle of a rope)
Water knot (for webbing and swiss seats)

A fun knot I don't use very often, but is useful for certain circumstances is the handcuff knot.

good dope, but really, get a good knot book. you will learn more and #gasp# you don;t need internet access to do it.

Books.... wait, isn't that just wikipedia printed?

:)

A good book works, but sometimes (especially for the clumsy folk like myself) moving images really help in showing how to do things.

Would love to refresh that skill again, when I was a tiny Hork (and less "Bot" according to many :)) I was not too shabby when I was in the boy scouts.

The important thing to remember from this: Don't wait to learn knots, start learning now, and then use them every day!!! So many people put off things that will make life easier now until some SHTF moment which is when they're going to learn to hunt, garden, dress animals, make fire with sticks etc. Learn now!

The important thing to remember from this: Don't wait to learn knots, start learning now, and then use them every day!!! So many people put off things that will make life easier now until some SHTF moment which is when they're going to learn to hunt, garden, dress animals, make fire with sticks etc. Learn now!

shoe laces ? That's the only thing I tie every day...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top