JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the market for another suppressor and have landed on the silencerco hybrid. It's attractive due to its versatility, dB reduction and price. I currently own a GemTech sandstorm TI, and love it, however need something for my pistols.

I'm a little confused about the hybrid and its use of a piston. Can anyone explain what the suppressor piston does, why its needed? It appears to be for pistols only, but I'm not for certain.

Lastly, does anyone have anything bad to say about the hybrid or its functionality?

Thanks in advance.

The spring inside the piston device is to allow the barrel to move rearward and tilt in it's normal cycle.
Without it, the weight of the suppressor hanging off the end of the barrel would impede the cycling action.
I have an HK P9s pistol that has a fixed barrel and I have to remove the pistons spring and insert a metal spacer collar when shooting it with my SilencerCo Octane.

Thanks for all the replies, it cleared up several questions. I assume a glock would need a piston, is a 1911 considered a fixed barrel or would it require the piston too?

I'm purchasing it for my Z5-RS that won't require a piston but would like to utilize it in a few other pistols and rifles as well.

The model 1911 needs the Nielson device.
Pretty much every semi auto pistol tilts the barrel in some fashion, except ones like my HK P9s, or, something that's a blow back or roller delay design.

The hybrid is a great do it all can. I have shot mine on every different gun that I can. The only issue I have found is that the .46 end cap that it comes with is very poppy sounding. After putting the 30 cal cap on its just as quiet as my other 30 cal cans. On the bigger stuff it's amazing. 338 lapua that's hearing safe and a lot more comfortable to shoot. It's great on the pistols as well. Just keep in mind your gonna want the smaller caps for most sound reduction. Just my .02

The hybrid is a great do it all can. I have shot mine on every different gun that I can. The only issue I have found is that the .46 end cap that it comes with is very poppy sounding. After putting the 30 cal cap on its just as quiet as my other 30 cal cans. On the bigger stuff it's amazing. 338 lapua that's hearing safe and a lot more comfortable to shoot. It's great on the pistols as well. Just keep in mind your gonna want the smaller caps for most sound reduction. Just my .02
You personally have shot the Hybrid 46 on a .338 Lapua Magnum?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top