JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, as mentioned, I can't get the suppressed levergun idea out of my noggin. One in the .38 Special / .357 Magnum makes sense logistically as we already have a 9㎜ silencer. But I went back and forth between that and the .44 Magnum and finally decided on said in the form of a stainless Rossi 92. That caliber has been added this year and has rapidly become one of our staples. And the performance out of a leveraction carbine is very nice indeed.

But, alas, no silencer in the current battery that will work. Though, candidly, as that is not particularly urgent, there is time to find the right silencer, handle the regulatory bullplop, and have the barrel threaded while waiting for the federales to approve the paperwork.

Whilst looking around SilencerShop's site, I came across the SilencerCo Hybrid 46. From the description, it looks like it would work on such an application.

silencerco_hybrid_front__1200x1200.jpg

Anyone run one of these? Any alternatives that should be considered? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure some 45 cans can handle 44 mag. If you have one already reach out to the manufacturer and check.

The hybrid is super popular as it is the catch all of the current available silencers. It's rated all the way up to magnum rifle cartridges and everything below it.

I've shot it on 9mm, 45acp, 308, 6.5creed, 300winmag, and 45/70. Very solid can and very versatile. Lots of money can be spent on different attachments for it though. The guy who let me shoot his had almost $700 in various different end caps, pistons, front caps, etc. It was his only silencer though so I guess that makes sense since it is a many gun one silencer silencer.

I have used a hybrid on 44mag and 458 socom and it works great on those as well as on 300blk, 7.62x39, 6.5cm, 5.56 and probably many more I haven't tried. I just have the one end cap for it and the 5/8x24 thread adaptor plus a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adaptor for the smaller calibers. Makes it pretty economical for a one can does all application.

Last Edited:
So, as mentioned, I can't get the suppressed levergun idea out of my noggin. One in the .38 Special / .357 Magnum makes sense logistically as we already have a 9㎜ silencer. But I went back and forth between that and the .44 Magnum and finally decided on said in the form of a stainless Rossi 92. That caliber has been added this year and has rapidly become one of our staples. And the performance out of a leveraction carbine is very nice indeed.

But, alas, no silencer in the current battery that will work. Though, candidly, as that is not particularly urgent, there is time to find the right silencer, handle the regulatory bullplop, and have the barrel threaded while waiting for the federales to approve the paperwork.

Whilst looking around SilencerShop's site, I came across the SilencerCo Hybrid 46. From the description, it looks like it would work on such an application.

View attachment 528684

Anyone run one of these? Any alternatives that should be considered? Thanks!
i have a hybrid 46. it works great!

Thanks all for the replies. This one is sounding like the answer. If it can be run on 7.62☓39㎜ Combloc as well, then I'd imagine .3030 WCF would also be doable. Hmmm ... interesting additional possibilities. :D

Parenthetically, I exchanged messages with Silencer Shop today to see what needs to be to be updated on the account for our trust and it wasn't much. This idea is taking shape.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews