JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been giving serious though to picking up a silencer for my 10/22 build. I have put together the perfect build and it includes a silencer.

They are not legal in WA, but you can own them. Great so I buy it for my new rifle project. Now all I can do is stare at it as I cant shoot it.. Correct? It would make a good mantel piece... It would definitely scare my anti-gun in-laws which would be a plus :D

Or can I shoot it on private property? If not the chances of getting caught at slim to none but in all seriousness, my question is a silencer a waste of money in WA if you dont plan on going out of state to shoot?

Or can I shoot it on private property? If not the chances of getting caught at slim to none but in all seriousness, my question is a silencer a waste of money in WA if you dont plan on going out of state to shoot?

That Sir, only you can answer.

I personally love all of my cans, but i can shoot them all the time so it isn't fair for me to say.

Obey the law.

It is a misdemeanor offense to fire a lawfully-owned silencer in Washington.

Obey the law.

I was unsure if the same laws still applied on private property, but if they are 100% illegal regardless of location in the state of WA, for me at least I think that would defeated the reason to buy one as I have never gone out of state to shoot nor do I plan on it.

Dang! I was hoping there was some kind of loop hole! I guess I could always get a fake one and achieve the same look :D

Wasn't Washington working on something to get rid of their silly suppressor ban? I thought I saw something like that in the legal section. If I lived near a border of WA I'd go for it (ie: vancouver) but otherwise, I dunno. Bummer, glad I live in OR.

And you will rest much easier knowing that you have not committed a misdemeanor offense in your state.

The Man may even pat you on the head for your obedience to the law, but don't expect it. Think of that, a pat on the head from The Man!

When they correct the wording in the law, there will be a 2-3 year wait to get a silencer in WA due to the demand.

I would buy one now so you don't have to worry about it when they correct the error in the wording.

never though of it that way lol.. good point!

if I was to buy on then tuck it away, I would probably buy a fake one to get the look at the get the balance of the gun that I want. Do fake ones effect the shooting in any negative ways?

AT the presant time...because of the Washington state laws....If you can gain access to ANY Federal property like Ft. Lewis....Oh, I am sorry...Joint Base Lewis and McHord...or the Yakima firing center, Bangor subase....State law has no juristirction on federal property. I persanaly have shot a variety of suppressors on Ft. Lewis. Mac-10's, MP5sd's, cans on .223 and .308...etc. These were all legal cans. To answer the guestion about private property....If you are discrete and use your supressor...who will know? The state rational is if you own and posses a supressor...you must be up to no good! Stupid law....If you are cleared to own and posses...then why can't you use it? Efin retarded

AT the presant time...because of the Washington state laws....If you can gain access to ANY Federal property like Ft. Lewis....Oh, I am sorry...Joint Base Lewis and McHord...or the Yakima firing center, Bangor subase....State law has no juristirction on federal property. I persanaly have shot a variety of suppressors on Ft. Lewis. Mac-10's, MP5sd's, cans on .223 and .308...etc. These were all legal cans. To answer the guestion about private property....If you are discrete and use your supressor...who will know? The state rational is if you own and posses a supressor...you must be up to no good! Stupid law....If you are cleared to own and posses...then why can't you use it? Efin retarded

I've heard of local authorities granting permission to citizens to shoot their (legally owned) cans on BLM land.

I live in WA and make silencers as a hobby. I feel they are worth it because I sometimes bring them out of state to use. I plan on retiring in 12 years and will be able to use them all the time in NV after I move.

I am working to get the law changed, but it is an uphill battle because hardly anyone bothers to write to their representative to urge them to allow bill 1604 out of the House Judiciary committee to be voted in the House.

Did you write to support HB 1604? If not, then you are part of the problem. I am also part of the problem because I have failed to convince my district 35 reps to take any significant action on this bill even though I write frequently.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads