Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Sigp365xl?

Reactions
I wonder if they fixed the primer drag issue.
lol Nobody had heard of primer drag before the P365 and now it's an "issue."

When the striker tips were breaking, that was an issue. That probably was due to so-called striker drag. Sig thankfully fixed the strikers, but didn't do a public recall for the old ones which is pretty crap.

Who cares if the primer drags if the gun works? (now)

Yeah, nobody ever heard of primer drag before the 365. Got it. I must have heard of it in a dream. :rolleyes:

Reactions
Yeah, nobody ever heard of primer drag before the 365. Got it. I must have heard of it in a dream. :rolleyes:
Oh come off it, you know what I meant! Common knowledge. Nobody heard of "assault weapons" before 1980 either even though that term existed since at least 1943.

Primer drag still isn't common knowledge as far as I'm concerned, I've been shooting 25 years and I had never heard the term once before 2017 when the P365 came out. I have only ever heard the term used in conjunction with the P365.

OP
40isforme
Reactions
Let's not get caught up in the pin drag. Was asking fourms members there thoughts on the pistol its self being as It a big step for sig! Let's be kind!

Oh come off it, you know what I meant! Common knowledge. Nobody heard of "assault weapons" before 1980 either even though that term existed since at least 1943.

Primer drag still isn't common knowledge as far as I'm concerned, I've been shooting 25 years and I had never heard the term once before 2017 when the P365 came out. I have only ever heard the term used in conjunction with the P365.
Ok.

Here’s a thread from 2009, just FYI:

Causes and cures for firing pin drag? - 1911Forum

And the 365 has plenty of documented cases of premature striker failure. Drag isn’t anything new. Just because you haven’t heard the term doesn’t mean it isn’t real.

Last edited:
Reactions
So SIG decided to make a variation of a popular selling pistol that is larger because the most popular feature of the pistol is its small size?

Now I know that SIG is run by bean counters! :rolleyes:

Now if they had made a variation of the 365 with DA/SA and the same size, then that would be something I would buy - and I now have 8 SIG handguns, so it doesn't take much to get me to buy a SIG pistol.

CHLChris

Reactions
I am super jazzed by this gun! Only one problem: Sig has been utterly unable to keep up with new Romeo optic offerings. Their research department is moving a lot faster than their production department.

Where it the Romeo1T? Romeo1 Pro?

Sig keeps building pistols that are milled for optics they don't even produce yet. Argh!

Reactions
The trigger bar has flaws too. I don't know if it is an engineering or a materials problem. I will pass till they fix these issues.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    One more that Jeremy did for me. This is a Kahr K9 that also had to be redone
    • jg rider
  • NW Custom Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Had several transfers; purchase I'm happy with. Will continue to use.
    • Reacher120
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I use Lucky Sporting Goods for my work related transfers and consignment sales. Jeremy is fast and friendly.
    • withoutremorse

Staff online