JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
be careful not to damage the itty bitty slide stop spring when cleaning. Couple of excellent youtube vids a fan explains the issue here: Sig P938 Update + BE CAREFUL with this . . . - YouTube, and how to fix it yourself here: Sig P938 slide stop fix - YouTube

lengthy vids but well done and worth it if you have the issue...

Spring not much of an issue. Just bunch it up and it goes right in. Just got mine back from Sig. Got a new barrel and new shorter screws to support my Hogue grip. Back to the range. Fully expect it will be a keeper now.

Bought a 938 SAS and love it so far. Unfortunately I have only been able to run 50 of my reloads through it but it ate them without a hiccup. Going to give her another run this weekend. Also picked up two 7 round mags from Midway and the extension makes it mucho better

I shot my P938 Equinox for the first time today. Man! this little gun is accurate. I put 50rounds of 115 grain FMJ through it and it performed flawlessly. I can tell that it will be my EDC for a long time :)

Bought a 938 when they first came out and had many issues. Sent back to SIG and it came back to me better but not 100%. I then got rid of it. Fast forward to August of this year, i bought a new 938 Extreme and it has been 100% reliable for the first 400 rounds. I love the gun and it is so enjoyable to carry. I only have one negative to this gun and that is breaking it down to clean is not easy but everything else is ausome so I can live with this minor inconvenience.

I just scored one myself, an Extreme. Haven't live fired yet, but dry fired a uncheck and I really like it. It wants to replace the DB9 real bad, but those are powerful big shoes to fill. If you don't own one, just buy it, you'll like it.

Interesting... sounds like you had good luck with your DB9. I did not. got rid of it after about 250 rounds.
The P938 I just purchased is what I should have waited for in the first place.

Tried cycling some 125 gr Gold Dot JHP's through her last night. First three in the mag hang up on the feed ramp. If I download the mag to 3, they slide in just fine. This tells me it is a magazine issue. Since mags for these are rare as hens teeth, I'm going to try to rectify the problem by loading and downloading them repeatedly. Maybe fire the pistol with three in the mag a few times to get it set in and settled. If not, back to SIG she goes. I don't give a bubblegum, it's still a sweet gun. Even if I have to wait to get it fixed.

Well documented issue. What has worked for many os us is to leave the mags fully loaded all the time. This allows the mag springs to take the proper set and this issue usually goes away.

My gals is runnig fine! Broke it in with 115gr and my reloads, only thing is she wants a flash bang holster and the only one they have is for one w/sig laser and she has an CTC.

Will order one and see if this old tool maker can make it work, the lasers are very close to the same size. I will report back when I find out!

Ive beem plagued with light primer strikes. sent it back not once but twice. still has the same issue. I send them a bunch of spent cases so they can see how light it is for themselves. They send it back saying it shot their ammo just fine. I don't know what kind of magic ammo they are shooting but everything Ive tried I can get round here, remington, fiocchi, blazer has turned out the same. The primers look like they barely got a love tap. It sits in the safe now cause I can't sell it and pass on the problem and the company has done nothing to address my problem.

If all parts-springs- are stock order a wolf hammer spring set 12lb it will come with a matched firing pin spring .. this give ya a better ligther trigger pull and if ya know how to polish and do a 1911 trigger job ya can get it to under 5lbs as I did. Just trimmed the hogue grips that came in the mail to get around the CTC laser guard I installed. There are outfits offering after trigger kits I hear. Google them.

Where did you get the shorter screws?

Shorter screws for what?

If you find your stock grip screws protrude into the magwell when using different grips you have a few choices.
File down the grip screw's thread length
Buy aftermarket "shorter" grip screws

But the easiest is to use small O rings between your grip screws and the grips. The O rings also solve the "loose screw" issue without using any loctite. I do this on all pistol grips.

BTW, you can also use 1911 "Thin" grip screws on the 238/938. But use O rings and make sure the screw threads do not
protrude into the magwell

I had one briefly. As a self admitted Sig Fan-Boy I was really excited about this pistol and bought one when they were first released. I think I had built up this pre-conceived notion of perfection and by the time I shot it, I wasn't very impressed. The grip felt weird/smallish in my hands and jammed a couple of times. Ended up selling it pretty easily and going back to the P226.

The smaller the gun, the bigger the problems regardless of who makes it. You will never get the reliability of a larger gun using the same caliber. I have a couple of friends that own the small Sigs and they make excuses for them. I place my life in the hands of my trusty S&W mod 60. Sig Bashing? Not a chance. I own;

2 .45 government 1911's
3 .45 compact 1911's
P229, one in .40 and another in .357
P226 9mm
P239 .40 w/ extra .357 barrel and mags.
P232

Now that certainly doesn't mean that the P938 is not a great gun. I find (especially with Sig lately) if you find a good one, hold onto it. On the Sig forums you will find those that love them and then the other people.

My fiance bought one and once we broke it in... Left the mags full for a week and then went and blew about 150 - 200 rounds through it.. it runs like a top now. had to change her grip a little bit because she was limp wristing it and the 938 doesn't like that at all. Not like my xd .45 that you could shoot with 2 fingers! Lol