JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm near as makes no difference 1000 rounds into my P938 Nightmare, and the only two things I have problems with are....

1. One of the grip screws backed out, so I gave them all a touch of blue. No more problem.

2. It eats all of my 9mm. This is sometimes hard to replenish.

If you are southwest WA, I'm always happy to let folks shoot mine, I've turned a few people into P938 owners...

The early 938s had some issues, mainly FTE which Sig eventually fixed with a newer extractor. For a good look go to SIG Talk. I would suggest getting a late 2012 or a 2013 made 938 as they should have all the Sig factory fixes already.
I have owned a 938 since 9/12 and it is a great carry gun. Very accurate and easy to shoot.

mags are expensive. Nice triger, don't like the safety because it makes the gun not as smooth and could snag

What about the safety could snag?
The safety levers are smoothed and rounded, I have never experienced a snag using mine daily for over a year of carry

Looking for your reviews of problems or dislikes with the Sig Sauer P938.

Thank you.

Ran 400 mixed rounds yesterday and they all went bang. I have a Kahr PM9 and P238. This SIG is a pleasure to shoot but I'm afraid it's heading for the shop as my P238 did. The main problem is after cleaning and trying to put the spring back the barrel will tilt to the left and you cant align it back to center. So got to knock it out from top with rubber mallet. You got to be real careful putting the spring back not letting that barrel rotation occur. I just dont feel I should have to do that. The other issue was something I never had and if someone knows what you call this I would like to know. As I was firing out rounds the trigger goes mushy and no bank the hammer is still back. Really the strangest thing I've had happen. The round is in the chamber. Like the trigger forgets it's suppose to release the hammer. It's possible that I had fired so many times my finger was tired and I was not depressing hard enough. It happen twice. Calling SIG in morning for my shipping doc.

I just scored one myself, an Extreme. Haven't live fired yet, but dry fired a uncheck and I really like it. It wants to replace the DB9 real bad, but those are powerful big shoes to fill. If you don't own one, just buy it, you'll like it.

I just scored one myself, an Extreme. Haven't live fired yet, but dry fired a uncheck and I really like it. It wants to replace the DB9 real bad, but those are powerful big shoes to fill. If you don't own one, just buy it, you'll like it.
Mine is at Sig for it's issues. I had to send my 238 back also and they rebuilt it and it's been perfect since it's trip to the shop. I have much confidence in the repairs they make.

Tried cycling some 125 gr Gold Dot JHP's through her last night. First three in the mag hang up on the feed ramp. If I download the mag to 3, they slide in just fine. This tells me it is a magazine issue. Since mags for these are rare as hens teeth, I'm going to try to rectify the problem by loading and downloading them repeatedly. Maybe fire the pistol with three in the mag a few times to get it set in and settled. If not, back to SIG she goes. I don't give a bubblegum, it's still a sweet gun. Even if I have to wait to get it fixed.

Tried cycling some 125 gr Gold Dot JHP's through her last night. First three in the mag hang up on the feed ramp. If I download the mag to 3, they slide in just fine. This tells me it is a magazine issue. Since mags for these are rare as hens teeth, I'm going to try to rectify the problem by loading and downloading them repeatedly. Maybe fire the pistol with three in the mag a few times to get it set in and settled. If not, back to SIG she goes. I don't give a bubblegum, it's still a sweet gun. Even if I have to wait to get it fixed.
I used 124 fmj winchester and it was flawless for 400 rds. Just two failures of the trigger not releasing the hammer.
This will be corrected by sig. One other thing if you switch over to hogue grips you will need washers for the screws as the sig screws will enter into the mag well and hang the mags. I love my hogue grips. Dont give up as sig will make it right. I love my 938. Musch more than my Kahr pm9 and it's really a nice pistol also.