Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SIG P229R Grips

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by theflyguy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

Hey guys can anyone give me some advise....

The grips on my 229 are not aggressive enough. When I shoot, the gun tends to move in my hands. I picked up a Houge grips but once I put it on it was too big even for my big hands. I'd like to get standard size grips but with more texture for gripping.

Any advise where I can get replacement grips with more grab?

2. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

Get the Houge G10 laminate grips with checkering. They are thinner than the Sig factory grips and the checkering is freakishly grippy.

They ain't cheap but the 226 feels like a new pistol.

H

3. mortre

mortre Yelm, WA Active Member

I have checkered g10's on my p220. "Grippy" is one way to describe them. If that is your carry gun I would recommend wearing an under shirt. Those things will leave road rash on your love handles. Just guess how I know!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

4. Bow

Bow Rural Willamette Valley New Member

I just ordered a set of those for 226, glad to hear god feedback about them, was deciding between those and the aluminums but went g10.

5. rolandson

rolandson Oregon Active Member

I use the Sig Aluminum grips on my 229's and I am very happy with them. They provide excellent 'traction' and thin the overall grip just a bit. I have also found that by calling Sig and speaking with their CS personally, I get a better price than if I simply order online.

6. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Hey flyguy - if you get a chance to try them - try Nills Grips - they're wood, but checkered wood, or sometimes a mix of checker/stippling. Very attractive, classy looking grips. Probably not as aggressive as the G10 stuff though.