JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a pretty nice SIG P226... it was made in West Germany, and purchased by my father as used from a local police officer back in the late 80s. I consider it probably one of my favorite pistols, not just in terms of function (I love shooting with it), but in terms of sentimental value - I inherited it after my dad passed on.

Anyways, the pistol has run flawlessly, but I was thinking of updating it. Doing some research I heard about this:

SIG Service Plan

Anybody have any experience sending their pistol to SIG to get the springs replaced and night sights installed? Was the work worth the $145?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have not done the Sig Service Plan, but I did send in my P226 Classic .22 in for an E2 grip conversion, SRT trigger and an Action job. The work was first rate, made a good pistol great, and turn-around time was exactly as promised. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Have not done the Sig Service Plan, but I did send in my P226 Classic .22 in for an E2 grip conversion, SRT trigger and an Action job. The work was first rate, made a good pistol great, and turn-around time was exactly as promised. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing your experience! How long was the total turn-around time? About one month?

About three weeks, if I remember correctly (year and a half ago). I'm sure turn-around time will vary with their workload. Give them a call, I'm sure they can advise you over the phone.
P.S. - Ask about any specials, they have discounts occasionally.

I've been thinking of doing this with my P220 as well. Browncoat, how do you like the E2 grip upgrade? If I send it in to them, might as well make my time without it worthwhile and see about getting some additional things done.

About three weeks, if I remember correctly (year and a half ago). I'm sure turn-around time will vary with their workload. Give them a call, I'm sure they can advise you over the phone.
P.S. - Ask about any specials, they have discounts occasionally.

Yeah, I'll give them a call over the phone... though I find that they don't have an easy e-mail option to be super archaic! Get with the times, SIG. ;)

Much better than original, the web of my hand rides higher and noticeably closer to the trigger. The only issue I had with the E2 grip was my thumb (thumbs forward grip) riding on the slide stop lever, thus not allowing the slide to lock open after the last round. A slight adjustment to my grip eliminated the problem.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top