JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a pretty nice SIG P226... it was made in West Germany, and purchased by my father as used from a local police officer back in the late 80s. I consider it probably one of my favorite pistols, not just in terms of function (I love shooting with it), but in terms of sentimental value - I inherited it after my dad passed on.

Anyways, the pistol has run flawlessly, but I was thinking of updating it. Doing some research I heard about this:

SIG Service Plan

Anybody have any experience sending their pistol to SIG to get the springs replaced and night sights installed? Was the work worth the $145?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have not done the Sig Service Plan, but I did send in my P226 Classic .22 in for an E2 grip conversion, SRT trigger and an Action job. The work was first rate, made a good pistol great, and turn-around time was exactly as promised. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Have not done the Sig Service Plan, but I did send in my P226 Classic .22 in for an E2 grip conversion, SRT trigger and an Action job. The work was first rate, made a good pistol great, and turn-around time was exactly as promised. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing your experience! How long was the total turn-around time? About one month?

About three weeks, if I remember correctly (year and a half ago). I'm sure turn-around time will vary with their workload. Give them a call, I'm sure they can advise you over the phone.
P.S. - Ask about any specials, they have discounts occasionally.

I've been thinking of doing this with my P220 as well. Browncoat, how do you like the E2 grip upgrade? If I send it in to them, might as well make my time without it worthwhile and see about getting some additional things done.

About three weeks, if I remember correctly (year and a half ago). I'm sure turn-around time will vary with their workload. Give them a call, I'm sure they can advise you over the phone.
P.S. - Ask about any specials, they have discounts occasionally.

Yeah, I'll give them a call over the phone... though I find that they don't have an easy e-mail option to be super archaic! Get with the times, SIG. ;)

Much better than original, the web of my hand rides higher and noticeably closer to the trigger. The only issue I had with the E2 grip was my thumb (thumbs forward grip) riding on the slide stop lever, thus not allowing the slide to lock open after the last round. A slight adjustment to my grip eliminated the problem.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top