Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig and Sohn 38H 32ACP 4th variation

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by vintonla, Jun 12, 2009.

1. vintonla

vintonla Portland New Member

A pre WWII weapon, very nice but does not like hollow point. Won't feed. With FMJ it shoots like dream. Any solutions, or do I need to trade or sell for a personal protection weapon?

Thanks

2. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

You could try one of the special self defence hollow points that have a plug of some kind in the hollow point. Would still be JHP, but should feed like FMJ's

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Most people fail to realize that older designs like that (as well as the 1911, hi-power, colt pocket hammerless, etc) were designed to feed FMJ (Ball) ammo. If it feeds JHP, then its bonus (and some designs work okay with that). I won't carry my pocket hammerless Colt with JHP, I just don't trust it.

So I would suggest either carrying ball ammo or getting a different carry piece.

4. gunsmith007

gunsmith007 salem,oregon Member

I would be interested in you 38 H if you decide to sell call dan 503-981-1668 If I don't answer please leave a message with your number and i will call you back thanks dan.