Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Sig and Sohn 38H 32ACP 4th variation

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by vintonla, Jun 12, 2009.

1. vintonla

vintonla Portland New Member

A pre WWII weapon, very nice but does not like hollow point. Won't feed. With FMJ it shoots like dream. Any solutions, or do I need to trade or sell for a personal protection weapon?

Thanks

2. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

You could try one of the special self defence hollow points that have a plug of some kind in the hollow point. Would still be JHP, but should feed like FMJ's

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Most people fail to realize that older designs like that (as well as the 1911, hi-power, colt pocket hammerless, etc) were designed to feed FMJ (Ball) ammo. If it feeds JHP, then its bonus (and some designs work okay with that). I won't carry my pocket hammerless Colt with JHP, I just don't trust it.

So I would suggest either carrying ball ammo or getting a different carry piece.

4. gunsmith007

gunsmith007 salem,oregon Member

I would be interested in you 38 H if you decide to sell call dan 503-981-1668 If I don't answer please leave a message with your number and i will call you back thanks dan.