JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got as email today from CoGunSales saying they have SIG 550 lower receivers in stock. Im not familiar with the SIG 550 at all.

What caught my eye is that is said no FFL needed for purchase which I have never seen before for a receiver that wasnt demilled. But by the description is sure sounds like a working receiver

Can someone give me some more information on how these are used? Are these for spare parts or can they be used to build a Sig 550? Any one more familiar with these?

http://www.cogunsales.com/product/s...117242273&mc_cid=770fcf2c62&mc_eid=89f7d223e9

I'm not very familiar with 550's but I would guess that the lower is not serial numbered and not considered to be "the gun" and that it is the upper receiver that requires an FFL.

This would make it a similar situation to a HK G3 where the serial number is found on the upper (needs a FFL) and the lower is unnumbered (no FFL).

That's my guess.

E

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads