JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They make loads you don't shoot in anything but modern levers. Henry, Winchester, Marlin. And definitely not trapdoor rifles.

Not sure if they do Ruger no. 1 loads.
Since the Ruger #1 is pretty much the strongest action on the market for a 45-70, they will shoot just about anything you can load up

Well I hear you but what I want to do is thread a big bore for a suppressor and refuse to do it to my jm marlin so I am hoping they come out with a 45-70 with the side load gate. That is list price. Street price is usually a fair amount lower.

Well I hear you but what I want to do is thread a big bore for a suppressor and refuse to do it to my jm marlin so I am hoping they come out with a 45-70 with the side load gate. That is list price. Street price is usually a fair amount lower.
They have it in 35 Remington to. I wouldn't consider it a true big bore. But its pretty dang close

It will be interesting to see how they expand the lineup. As I see them right now, the side-gate models are still not suppressor friendly due to the removable mag tube. There's not enough muzzle to thread without modifying the mag tube and given how that thing is keyed on the end, it would be pretty involved work to cut the tube back as well as the brass insert and make it all work.

Marlin just released an 1895 and 336 "Dark" rifles which come pre-threaded from the factory. I will probably be adding one or both to my collection for suppressed use, even though the quality of Remlins are not equal of Henry.

Is your Marlin a new one or a older one? I have thought about buying a new one and having @Velzey thread the barrel for me.

Is your Marlin a new one or a older one? I have thought about buying a new one and having @Velzey thread the barrel for me.

It is an old one so I can't bare the thought of disfiguring it. I have had my eye out for a Remlin but I will not buy one unless it is on the shelf and I can inspect it. I have handled a couple but both were rejects. The quest continues

It is an old one so I can't bare the thought of disfiguring it. I have had my eye out for a Remlin but I will not buy one unless it is on the shelf and I can inspect it. I have handled a couple but both were rejects. The quest continues

Ya I'd love an old pre 64 but couldn't justify cutting and disfiguring it either. Which is why I want a new one.

Yea and based on the BLR action as well.
Too bad the quality is not that of a BLR. Many are having problems with their Henry LRs such as feeding problems and bolts hanging up or locking up.
I guess I must have got lucky.:D My BLR is a bit smoother but its been used.

It looks like Henry finally listened and has come out with a side loader. Hopefully a big bore version is soon to follow and I will have to have me one!....

This new model is a good move in the right direction, but the company seems to have only added the side gate grudgingly. My issue with the tube loading versions is the relatively low round count in the mag as compared to what it could be with a straight side gate feed. Without the tube feed cutout etc. the rifle could hold another round or two. So, the new side gate version only addresses one of my two issues. Oh, and ++ on a .45-70 chambering.

Most assuredly neat-o. However, there have been, eh-hem, a little more than a few side-loading lever-actions, of many manufacture, in every caliber under the sun, produced well over a century, with quality ranging from questionable to stunningly good. What does this one do as well or better? By asking that question I'm not suggesting it doesn't. I'm just curious why I should add one to the stable, and at the price point of a grand. No criticism, just inquiry. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top