JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, my beloved and I are up in Eugene for the very wacky cocktail party, of sorts. Alas, this one was not nearly as delightful as the last one, though we had fun together. There will be other antics in the summer months, including trips farther north, so other adventures are on the way, but I digress. Vita sic est.

Regardless, when traveling, I always think about "what if" it goes down when I'm and/or we are away from the homestead because I am vigilant, or a paranoid if one wants to to be nozzle about it. When in my truck, like the visit out to the coast, I'm well armed (AR, 1911, pocket pistol), but not on this kind of trip, in the wife's mobile. I am armed with a PPK/S (in .380 ACP / 9㎜ Corto) in a shoulder rig; mi esposita with a Beretta 3032 Tomcat (in .32 ACP / 7.65㎜ BR) in her purse. I've got a mag in the gun and a spare, she has a mag in the gun and two spares. Ya, lightly armed.

Question: if you were limited to pocket pistols or revolvers for SHTF, what would it be? (And, yes, this is one my thought experiments, so don't take it too seriously. :p)

"I don't know, Chewie.. Fly casual.."

You know, that even with a "mouse gun" you will still be better armed than 98% or the people out there. So, unless you're crazy far from home or partying in the ghetto, you should make it home OK. It won't go Road Warrior immediately after the event.

Good point. This particular type of gathering is among people who are (teehee) a trifle different. Some even far wackier than I, but I'll have to leave it there. But ghetto, and by that, more specifically, criminally-inclined, most certainly not. Nor the area in which the parties take place.

"I don't know, Chewie.. Fly casual.."

LOL!

Parenthetically, as it was mentioned more than once: An AR pistol, no thanks. AR SBR, yes; would, already have, and could do again. (I just don't do arm braces, for a number of reasons, which I won't get into here.)

Good point. This particular type of gathering is among people who are (teehee) a trifle different. Some even far wackier than I, but I'll have to leave it there. But ghetto, and by that, more specifically, criminally-inclined, most certainly not. Nor the area in which the parties take place.

LOL!

Parenthetically, as it was mentioned more than once: An AR pistol, no thanks. AR SBR, yes; would, already have, and could do again. (I just don't do arm braces, for a number of reasons, which I won't get into here.)

AR pistols can be even more compact than an SBR. Just saying.

SBA3 adjustable forearm brace can be shouldered according to ATF, in essence turning your AR pistol into an SBR, it's how I have my .300 blackout setup... Very effective.

I have three carry pistols a ca40, a 4516 and a k frame model 15 with at least one reload. No one knows what or if a shtf will look like til it happens. Who knows what will be enough until that time comes. I personally hope it doesnt

Any is better than none. Those choices would require the very best self defense bullets, and don't even consider ball. Much care and observation must be used in Portland and high density cities as they are not firearms friendly, as even if you have a CHL unless there is absolutely no other choice but life or death, use an exit rather than stand your ground. I would limit yourself to one fire arm each with a couple of load outs a piece. Each tested in advance for functioning. My years I worked in a desolate part of Nevada where there was not any thought of there being a back up unit. So back up was either a 1911A1 or a M.36 Smith Chief 3". Primary was M28 Smith Highway Patrol 357. Days of the wheel gun are long have been long gone, but there are many more great choices. I would not carry any that was strictly ball ammo, and be very picky about what you chose with any lighter calibers. My M. 36 Chief 3" is still an option, but I feel that carrying my Glock 27 offers more, as it will accept any of the higher capacity magazines if need be. I favor the Speer 165 grain Gold Dots. I'm not sure if they still carry them, but once had the gold dots for shorter barrels. Check as many defensive loads per that caliber you can for function and accuracy. I suspect should bad things happen, it will be close and personal. Function is number one.

My opinion is that even in a shtf scenario use of a firearm should be the last case solution. If you can escape do it. I read it's similar to a feral cat in a room full of rocking chairs - take any options you can to leave a bad situation without letting anyone know your there and at the very least keep a low profile. There are likely more of them than there is of you. Medical attention is more than likely in short supply and your longevity may depend on how long you keep your body fluids where they belong.

Makarov in original caliber.

But it was made by Communists. Kidding. (Kinda ... I wouldn't have a problem buying a Makarov because the Soviet Empire is "out of business". Still waiting for the fall in Cuba before I enjoy a cigar from said imprisoned island.)

And for the giggles, if one thinks the Walter PPK/S and Beretta 3032 mentioned in the OP were too small, take a gander at the Bauer Automatic (stainless steel copy of Baby Browning) :s0112::

Bauer4.jpg

(Had it out today with the thought to sell the little .25, among a few others in the collection, but haven't cleared it with the better half yet.)

But it was made by Communists. Kidding. (Kinda ... I wouldn't have a problem buying a Makarov because the Soviet Empire is "out of business". Still waiting for the fall in Cuba before I enjoy a cigar from said imprisoned island.)

And for the giggles, if one thinks the Walter PPK/S and Beretta 3032 mentioned in the OP were too small, take a gander at the Bauer Automatic (stainless steel copy of Baby Browning) :s0112::

View attachment 593945

(Had it out today with the thought to sell the little .25, among a few others in the collection, but haven't cleared it with the better half yet.)
How much you want for the Benjamin?:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads