JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
38sp snub pocket carry (always) and LCR 357 owb if going anywhere, shared 38sp spd loaders. Sometimes maybe a M&P compact or similar in place of LCR, all depends on where I'm going. Always extra in the rig which gets rotated occasionally.

I don't change things up, it's always a full size carry 1911, some times with a back up sorta compact 1911, extra mags, and a fighting rifle close at hand! I am never more then 100 feet from my rifle, or my pickup or what ever we are driving! Large GHB with full med kit, wifes GHB plus her carry weps and a second carbine for her!
Lots of water in tetra packs, food for 7 days, space blankets, two heavy winter weight wool blankets, and light rain gear!
I also have a spair pair of boots in case i'm not dressed normal when SHTF!

Use what you have till you can get a long gun...

Once I switched to the off-body carry, my EDC G26 always hosts 31-rd magazine and waits for another one that accompanies FM78 knife in the same Vertx EDC Transit Sling.
1A8C31D4-CF56-4331-B9E8-6F8FA42625C3.jpeg

6C1D4E92-A72D-4525-A2C1-F9025D78D411.jpeg

I also have a spair pair of boots in case

Heh, me also. I drive a lot for work, and have to dress nicely. I always carry spare footwear because I'm paranoid something will happen and I'll be stuck in dress shoes and facing a long hike. I also at minimum have an e-tool and axe

How big the pocket? ;) a reason for the Hi Point 995 to be in the trunk of my car, its an affordable, worry-free weapon for me :p that said, I tend to open carry when I can, and its the Ruger P85. Dont have a conceal lic yet, but in the past with the fishermans license, I was able to legally CC when fishing and it rode in my fishing belt kit :cool:

This fun and another way for us to all say the same thing we always do. :D

For me it is simple. Spare gun and mags in the safe in the truck or wifes car. On road trips the AR-9 pistol gets added along with maybe the 300 black pistol when I get it done. If I can't have my carry and a back up with me I don't go unless its to purchase another gun in a state I am not allowed to carry in. :p:D

Heck, I pocket carried an XDs 3.3 in .45 ACP, completely filled either the right front or rear pocket on a pair of Kirkland jeans. Even have a custom made wallet holster for it. But that's a chore to carry. Much prefer a 2" .38, Kimber Micro 9 or perhaps the Springfield 911 in .380, once I get it broken in...

So, my beloved and I are up in Eugene for the very wacky cocktail party, of sorts. Alas, this one was not nearly as delightful as the last one, though we had fun together. There will be other antics in the summer months, including trips farther north, so other adventures are on the way, but I digress. Vita sic est.

Regardless, when traveling, I always think about "what if" it goes down when I'm and/or we are away from the homestead because I am vigilant, or a paranoid if one wants to to be nozzle about it. When in my truck, like the visit out to the coast, I'm well armed (AR, 1911, pocket pistol), but not on this kind of trip, in the wife's mobile. I am armed with a PPK/S (in .380 ACP / 9㎜ Corto) in a shoulder rig; mi esposita with a Beretta 3032 Tomcat (in .32 ACP / 7.65㎜ BR) in her purse. I've got a mag in the gun and a spare, she has a mag in the gun and two spares. Ya, lightly armed.

Question: if you were limited to pocket pistols or revolvers for SHTF, what would it be? (And, yes, this is one my thought experiments, so don't take it too seriously. :p)
Glock 17L with one of these (would have to have a big pocket ha ha)
FC4ABC2D-9C59-415F-8EEF-E7A9B78AAFBA.jpeg
B7331F51-5BA4-450F-BDD8-D0614F2D1B3D.jpeg
FLUX Brace - 17, 19x, 34 ORDER NOW

I'm not sure if it could be considered a pocket pistol (maybe, if you had pretty big pockets), but I've always got one of my Walther PPSses on me so that might be what I have to rely on. Sometimes it's something bigger, but still a compact (G26, P99c, P30sk)... even w first-rate gear I have a very hard time concealing anything bigger.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a discreet way to carry/leave an AR in my truck all the time. And by "discreet" I'm talking about smash-and-grab meth heads looking for a quick score (and hitting the jackpot), not scaring the straights... that's not my problem.

My BOB has a pr of Springfield XDMs (big and little), mags, ammo, etc... but that doesn't go everywhere w me and won't do me any good if I get caught away from home. Also, unfortunately, if I DO get caught out, away from home... I'll probably be in a much better place. I might be in MT, eastern OR or WA, maybe ID...

Now I'm fighting the hoardes escaping Portland to get back into the place I've been trying to escape from since I GOT here... that's how much I love my chick.

I don't accept the premise.

Me either. A road trip always requires more than a mouse gun. Shoot, I don't carry anything less than 9mm in my day-to-day routine.

Methinks an AR pistol would be a good choice. I have one with a 7.5" barrel for easy "packability". Yeah yeah I know the 5.56 take a hit with a barrel that length but even still they are hitting at near 10mm ft/lbs out of the shorty barrel.

Me either. A road trip always requires more than a mouse gun. Shoot, I don't carry anything less than 9mm in my day-to-day routine.

Methinks an AR pistol would be a good choice. I have one with a 7.5" barrel for easy "packability". Yeah yeah I know the 5.56 take a hit with a barrel that length but even still they are hitting at near 10mm ft/lbs out of the shorty barrel.
Or get ar pistol in an AR caliber optimized for the short barrels like the .300 blackout :D or similar.

You know, that even with a "mouse gun" you will still be better armed than 98% or the people out there. So, unless you're crazy far from home or partying in the ghetto, you should make it home OK. It won't go Road Warrior immediately after the event.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top