JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tikka T3 .223 (Only 10rnds in the mag. Forgot my ammo.)
Zero-Tikka-T3-223.jpg

Tikka T3 308
Zero-Tikka-T3-308.jpg

Three ifs:

If you reload
If those 75s are ELDMs
If your Tikka is a 1-8"
P

I do not reload....yet.
The round used for the time being is Hornady #80261
1-8 twist

Thanks for sharing your work-up. :)

Given the consistency with OTS rounds, I can easily see this rifle being very accurate.
I researched them quite a lot. Tikka was going to be my 223 bolt gun. The distance and accuracy was inspiring.
The same rifle I have shooting out to 800-1000+yards (reloads of course) inspired me to get one.

If you buy a Tikka, plan on aftermarket magazines. Other than that (Plus reloading) to get max accuracy for longer bullets.

Other than that, follow Pharm's advice.

Mine shoots well enough that I have been called a liar because I didn't post pics of the groups.

I'm assuming most folks get this, but it's worth stating- A 75 grain bullet with a BC around .400 moving about 2900-2950fps has a trajectory/drift that is VERY similar to many favorite big game rounds. Out to 500 yards, pretty much the same correction for our 270, 7x57, 30-06 and 223. A great way to be educated without absorbing a bunch of recoil energy.

The price of aftermarket box mags were a bit of a shock. A cornered market.
The good thing, mags that can be more useful for reloading.

Tikka TSR-1 in .308 on a factory installed US Made McRees G10 chassis in sniper gray.

These are factory Tikka's with a US Made McRees Chassisall built originally for PRS competition. It's the T3 CTR, factory (in the US) installed on the custom chassis. I dug it as close to a custom built but still factory made rifle on a great chassis.

I have Vortex Razor HD 4.5x27 x 56 glass on Vortex rings, with an Accu-Tac F class bi-pod and Griffen Recci7 Supressor.

I love this set up so much I actually built up a twin for one to cool why the other is on the line. Only the Griffen is shared, still waiting on the ATF on the 2nd one 9 months in.

180 grain Sierra Match Kings love this set up. Still tweeking the load but its sub .65" when I can do my part.

Only 400 of these made, so 398 others out there. Artical on Recoil Web on them when they came out:
Tikka TSR: Beretta USA Delivers a Custom Factory Rifle Tailor-Made For PRS Competition | RECOIL

B832993D-C25B-4623-984A-0E6F7BA8A400.jpeg
202CC35B-98F7-4D3D-8050-CFC9CC9E2292.jpeg

Just took my tikka out today. 7mag T3X lite. Has a vx5 2-10 on it. Still working loads.
20190804_113137.jpg

I am going to pick up a new one this week but cant decid on which caliber to get...270,7mm08

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top