JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tikka T3 .223 (Only 10rnds in the mag. Forgot my ammo.)
Zero-Tikka-T3-223.jpg

Tikka T3 308
Zero-Tikka-T3-308.jpg

Three ifs:

If you reload
If those 75s are ELDMs
If your Tikka is a 1-8"
P

I do not reload....yet.
The round used for the time being is Hornady #80261
1-8 twist

Thanks for sharing your work-up. :)

Given the consistency with OTS rounds, I can easily see this rifle being very accurate.
I researched them quite a lot. Tikka was going to be my 223 bolt gun. The distance and accuracy was inspiring.
The same rifle I have shooting out to 800-1000+yards (reloads of course) inspired me to get one.

If you buy a Tikka, plan on aftermarket magazines. Other than that (Plus reloading) to get max accuracy for longer bullets.

Other than that, follow Pharm's advice.

Mine shoots well enough that I have been called a liar because I didn't post pics of the groups.

I'm assuming most folks get this, but it's worth stating- A 75 grain bullet with a BC around .400 moving about 2900-2950fps has a trajectory/drift that is VERY similar to many favorite big game rounds. Out to 500 yards, pretty much the same correction for our 270, 7x57, 30-06 and 223. A great way to be educated without absorbing a bunch of recoil energy.

The price of aftermarket box mags were a bit of a shock. A cornered market.
The good thing, mags that can be more useful for reloading.

Tikka TSR-1 in .308 on a factory installed US Made McRees G10 chassis in sniper gray.

These are factory Tikka's with a US Made McRees Chassisall built originally for PRS competition. It's the T3 CTR, factory (in the US) installed on the custom chassis. I dug it as close to a custom built but still factory made rifle on a great chassis.

I have Vortex Razor HD 4.5x27 x 56 glass on Vortex rings, with an Accu-Tac F class bi-pod and Griffen Recci7 Supressor.

I love this set up so much I actually built up a twin for one to cool why the other is on the line. Only the Griffen is shared, still waiting on the ATF on the 2nd one 9 months in.

180 grain Sierra Match Kings love this set up. Still tweeking the load but its sub .65" when I can do my part.

Only 400 of these made, so 398 others out there. Artical on Recoil Web on them when they came out:
Tikka TSR: Beretta USA Delivers a Custom Factory Rifle Tailor-Made For PRS Competition | RECOIL

B832993D-C25B-4623-984A-0E6F7BA8A400.jpeg
202CC35B-98F7-4D3D-8050-CFC9CC9E2292.jpeg

Just took my tikka out today. 7mag T3X lite. Has a vx5 2-10 on it. Still working loads.
20190804_113137.jpg

I am going to pick up a new one this week but cant decid on which caliber to get...270,7mm08

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top