JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not going to see any single hole groups here but here are a couple I have handy.

150gr Nolser Ballistic Tips, 10 shots at 100yds off bench fairly quick.

medium800.jpg

39gr Blitzking, 15 shots at 100yds off bench.

medium800.jpg

This is our 400 yd target. 8"x8"

medium800.jpg

Bench Rest.jpg

Well, this one is a couple of years old, but it comes with a story. I was up in Tacoma at a Single Shot match and broke a firing pin. Some old timer took me to his house, fired up the South Bend lathe and started whittling me a new one. After a bit, he turns to me and says "This will take a while. Why don't you take my bench rest rifle to the range and try it out." I'd never met the guy before. I'm pretty sure the scope alone was worth my car, though it looked pretty old school, 1960s era. The gun itself would be hard to value. Obviously it started life as a blob of steel. No brand, no numbers, barrel looked like it belonged in a steel yard.
The rifle was breech seat. A little pusher drives a loose lead bullet up into the rifling. Then, a cartridge case with just primer, powder, and a little wad is loaded. Spend a little time looking through that scope. I could see the paper grain at 200 yards, amazing.
Anyway, the match is 5 shots, 200 yards, best group. It took me 3 targets to get this group and win the match. The other 2 weren't far off and one of them would have been a match winner too. That's .519" at 200 yards, so roughly 1/4 MOA. I will never shoot that well again.

Oh, and the new firing pin worked great too.

Bench Rest.jpg

First sight in after bedding the action and free floating the barrel on my S&W (Howa) 1500, .30-06 at 100 yds from sandbags on a windy, rainy day, with factory Remington 180 gr ammo. The blue pins are the final 5 shot group. We'll see if accuracy improves over time as things settle in, but so far 1.5" will do for deer.

Target.jpg

Walker...nice group. Looks like in the low 2s. What kind of 5 group aggs do you get with that rifle?

Are you using N133? And what bullet are you using?

Here are a couple more targets. The first one is of load development with Zmax bullets in a Remington model 700 .223. You can see the effect of powder weight and COAL. The light load shows the most promise seated right at the lands. The hottest load unfortunately showed too much vertical with all seating depths.

DSC_1783_compressed.jpg

This one is my best effort ever, shooting a 6mmBR at 200 yards. The final group is what this game is all about. This rifle has always shot very well and for whatever reason shoots really wind in the wind.

DSC_1784_compressed.jpg

DSC_1783_compressed.jpg

DSC_1784_compressed.jpg

Here are a couple more targets. The first one is of load development with Zmax bullets in a Remington model 700 .223. You can see the effect of powder weight and COAL. The light load shows the most promise seated right at the lands. The hottest load unfortunately showed too much vertical with all seating depths.

View attachment 78848

This one is my best effort ever, shooting a 6mmBR at 200 yards. The final group is what this game is all about. This rifle has always shot very well and for whatever reason shoots really wind in the wind.

View attachment 78849

Not bad.

Imagine a 1" bright orange sticky target on a white paper backing target that is 3' X 3'
That is my 1000 yard target (the 1" tiny orange sticky thing)
5 shots
You guessed it!
I missed the 3'x3'!!!!
lesson over

I did some testing today with some different loads out of my RRA predator pursuit. All shots at 100yards, 5 shot strings.
69 grain SMK
16ebaa35399182efaaaacb47e0425563_zps71e2fb87.jpg
50 grain Barnes Varmint Grenades
db5e5b193358d11e2bf511814c30717c_zpsb78cbab0.jpg
50 grain Combined Technologies ballistic tip
5166ef773c2882392d935f2f040407ce_zps4a54634a.jpg

Rem 700 20" in a HS Precision m24 stock. Second time taking it out after buying the stock gun here on the forum. Bullets are handloads PPU cases/147 grain fmj's. Forgetting the specifics.

IMAG0059.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top