JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Load development for my 300WM's new barrel. 10 rounds, 2 flyers, from the bench on a bipod. Now to play with the seating depth

20140113_1642061_zpsd97304d0.jpg 20140113_1642261_zpsfe3baf12.jpg 20140113_1645411_zpsf61d4b51.jpg

Target.jpg

200 yards
10 shots
5 1/8" group
Aperture sights.
Sun, no wind, no mirage.
38-55 black powder in my great grandfather's Trapdoor Springfield.
The 38-55 is a reline from a crusty barrel I bought on this site.
This group is average for black powder cartridge, but really good for me. Soon to be average for me, I hope.

Target.jpg

Thought I would add something a little different.

Does this count? Freshly painted.

m1tv_ee8_u8xye.jpg

It rarely looks this good...

Got my first Oregon target in this week.

Top two are from one of my accurized Mosins. Center is a brief sight in. Scope was a bit off. Still was shooting to the right by the end of the day. I did fix the elevation though before the last group.

Bottom two are from my SPR AR at 200. I still need to work on that rifle. I'm looking to switch stocks, the UBR isn't the greatest for bench rest shooting. It is also sporting a Barska Varmint scope. The scope is decent, but I know I could do better with some better glass.

a7y4ydem.jpg

Ohh, okay, I'll show 'em, but don't laugh: they're at fifty feet.
2535-2537c.jpg
This was right after installing and zeroing my TacSol SB-X barrel on an old 10/22 receiver, so it was really just checking for stability. Ammo is Aguila 40 gr. subsonic.

I was pretty amazed at how immune the groups were to ammo weight, and even the first shot was right on, so I went back the next day to document a cold-bore shot:
2539cc.jpg
I'll take it! This rifle is so much better than I am, it's not worth doing anything to it but shooting it now. Here she is, BTW:
1210005cc.jpg
That's an SWR Warlock can tucked into the permanently attached "flash hider" which makes the barrel OAL >16".

2535-2537c.jpg

2539cc.jpg

1210005cc.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just masking tape over his previous shots. It's a common practice.

Nice. Now you can let me know when you would like to part with that Ruger!

That will probably be never. Some dude hand made the barrel, lightened the bolt, installed over and under travel screws, textured the front and back straps, and took the trigger to under 2lbs. I definitely paid a lot for it (my first and last purchase from the gun room), but it is a sweet gun. I have put well over 5k rounds through it, and it eats everything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top