JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I've had people flake out after saying "I"ll take it" or something similar. They PM you back and forth a few times and after a date is set you never hear from them again. They obviously couldn't care less that you are keeping a time slot in your day for them and are obviously still children. Starting today unless there's a reason to not give them a negative for flaking on me I am going to start giving negative feedback. Also I will include the back and forth PM's for all to see in their feedback. Thanks

I had three flakes in the last 4 days. It is comical. And look at me over 280+ positive feedback rating, why would anyone think I didn't have something to sell or trade.

Upvote 0
I'd say if you adjusted your schedule to accommodate a meet-up and the was no cancelation, or contact on their part, that a negative or neutral feed back is very appropriate. I would suggest a warning to others that the member "Might" be undependable. Detail in the feedback would be important to me. Not just a thumbs down, or "Flaked on me". Go into some detail. Not saying that future members dealings should be avoided, just that they should be aware that this member MIGHT be a problem. We all make mistakes.

Upvote 0
I would give negative feedback for a no-show.

Agreed, if you find yourself in the McDee's parking lot and they never show, with no contact after the fact even. :mad:

Making the negative/neutral feedback correspond with the degree of hassle is important to future dealing with the good members of NWFA.

Upvote 0
If you say you are going to do something at work and don't do it you will get feedback. If someone can't cancel their order I think they deserve a negative not a neutral. It is a "responsibility" to someone else just like in business. It has tended to be newer members which are no doubt young and still irresponsible in my recent experience. However older people are just as capable of being flakes. If nothing is done then this behavior will continue. This is a very nice site and in my mind it is somewhat tarnished now with this bad behavior.

Upvote 0
I had three flakes in the last 4 days. It is comical. And look at me over 280+ positive feedback rating, why would anyone think I didn't have something to sell or trade.

This one?

:D
On something like this, as long as I didn't go out of my way? Phhhtt. No sweat. I wouldn't bother about feedback. So many more people on the board now compared to several years ago. That's good, and bad in ways. It's the freakin' internet. There's going to be people who's mama's didn't teach them common courtesy. And more an more "Youngsters" today seem to be lacking those teachings.

Upvote 0
If they ghosted you with regards to contacting after setting up a meeting time/place, then maybe state that in the feedback.

If they failed to show at a meeting place after agreeing to show, then yeah, bad feedback - but try to contact them first to see if maybe there was a good reason. If they continue to visit the site but don't answer your inquiry, then bad feedback.

Usually buyers/sellers I deal with verify again the day before and/or the day of the meet. Once everything is settled I usually give them my cell #, and we usually have some verification going back and forth that way.

Never had anybody flake on me.:s0092:

Upvote 0
If they ghosted you with regards to contacting after setting up a meeting time/place, then maybe state that in the feedback.

If they failed to show at a meeting place after agreeing to show, then yeah, bad feedback - but try to contact them first to see if maybe there was a good reason. If they continue to visit the site but don't answer your inquiry, then bad feedback.

Usually buyers/sellers I deal with verify again the day before and/or the day of the meet. Once everything is settled I usually give them my cell #, and we usually have some verification going back and forth that way.

Never had anybody flake on me.:s0092:

Old school is proper school! Well, this time for sure. :)

Upvote 0
All I will say is use negative feedback judiciously and not for the simplest things.

No shows without a rational excuse (or no response at all) is definitely a cause for negative feedback. I can think of a lot of other reasons were negative feedback could be used but if it is something that doesn't interrupt you personally or require any 'legwork', or just irritating PMs, weird offers or odd requests then maybe it's not justifiable.

However if someone were to seem irrational, demanding, unreasonably critical, violent or otherwise 'unhinged' in a communication then negative feedback might be justified.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, one was for the CZ I was selling, I went through the line of responders, the first 3 had really good offers, just none of them responded anymore, even though they were using the forums during the times they didn't respond. the 4th responder came through and picked it up.

The Beretta had 3 offers and the first one was great but logistically wise, it didn't work out. Then 2nd was deadbeat, no reply at all, even though it showed them viewing the conversation at multiple times throughout the day.

So technically, I had 4 flakes, but 3 total on one CZ.

For my shotgun, still waiting on replies but not hopeful from them, since they are brand new users.

Upvote 0
I have been pondering this also... I recently sold primers and I agreed to the first person that replied immediately to my post. He was from out of the area but stated he would be in the area in the following weekend. I agreed, we set a meet and he was a no-show. I contacted him, he assured me he made a mistake and then he again failed to follow thru on his comments.
This person is not a newbie.
Not only does it irate me that twice he did not do what he stated and I wasted part of a Sunday afternoon, but I declined more generous offers for my primers because I kept my word and did not back out of the deal I had initially agreed to with him.

Upvote 0
No.
Negative feedback should be reserved for no-shows after a time/place has been agreed upon.
Otherwise, everything up until that point is/are just tire kickers.

On hot items, you have a short timeframe before it goes to the next one.

Upvote 0
I've had people flake out after saying "I"ll take it" or something similar. They PM you back and forth a few times and after a date is set you never hear from them again. They obviously couldn't care less that you are keeping a time slot in your day for them and are obviously still children. Starting today unless there's a reason to not give them a negative for flaking on me I am going to start giving negative feedback. Also I will include the back and forth PM's for all to see in their feedback. Thanks
Well rule 5 of the forums classifieds rules that every member agrees to follow when they sign up for membership pretty much spells it out.

5. Follow through once you commit to a purchase, sale, or trade
Once you commit to a deal you should do your best to follow through. Members who flake on deals will likely receive negative feedback, which will not be removed.

Just remember to keep any associated private messages in case they leave retaliatory negative feedback so that it can be reviewed and removed.

Upvote 0
Tell the truth, factually and honestly about the interaction. I for one would find that info valuable. Those of us who are solid traders have nothing to be concerned about when the feedback is honest and objective.

Upvote 0
Just realize that they will often reciprocate with negative feedback. The mods don't get involved in these types of situations, so if they decide to give you a negative feedback for giving them one first, your out of luck, even if you didn't do anything wrong.

Upvote 0
I think I'd be careful crossing the line about posting the PMs (second part of your statement, OP.) Hanging onto them to demonstrate failed commitments, sure, but using the comms as a name-and-shame is generally poor form - UNLESS they publicly call you out (and dishonestly.) Then evidence is that. But I wouldn't weaponize PMs as a first strike, only as last resort.

Upvote 0
I think I'd be careful crossing the line about posting the PMs (second part of your statement, OP.) Hanging onto them to demonstrate failed commitments, sure, but using the comms as a name-and-shame is generally poor form - UNLESS they publicly call you out (and dishonestly.) Then evidence is that. But I wouldn't weaponize PMs as a first strike, only as last resort.
:s0101:
And posting private messages/info is against the site rules as well, and yes save the PM's and they will help in removing unsubstantiated negative feedback. @Joe Link is the only person that can remove feedback after reviewing the info from the member.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads