JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"The "library records" provision of the so-called Patriot Act could also be known as the "gun records" provision, because it also allows the FBI to seize the forms you use to buy guns.

This infamous provision, Section 215, is a direct assault on your Fourth Amendment rights because it allows the FBI to obtain personal information about you, without a warrant and without your knowledge."

Should the FBI Know How Many Guns You Own?

Patriot Act my arse!

You do realize that you're over 5 years late on this subject?

Also the Patriot Act is set to expire May 29th of this year.

So, what you are saying is since this is 5 years late there is no reason to pay attention to it and that the complete Patriot Act will expire in May? I wish I had your confidence in our government.

So, what you are saying is since this is 5 years late there is no reason to pay attention to it and that the complete Patriot Act will expire in May? I wish I had your confidence in our government.

No but my point is that this legislation is nearly out of effect, and if they wanted your information, they would have gotten it over the past 5 years. There is nothing you can do about it now, other than learn and protest upcoming legislation.

personally I feel that I should have enough that I don't even know exactly how many I have without consulting my personal inventory list :) now if only I had that many...

The chances of them wanting to dig through all the local FFL dealers in this area to find my name is a bit...well, they have no need to look at me. Now, if I was a very vocal political activist always in the news with an unpopular (read conservative in some areas, liberal in my location) point of view, I could see them doing it, "proactively", of course, only "for the kids."

If you have bought a new gun or a hunting lic or have a ccw then the government knows you are armed. Accept it and move on.

jj

The chances of them wanting to dig through all the local FFL dealers in this area to find my name is a bit...well, they have no need to look at me. Now, if I was a very vocal political activist always in the news with an unpopular (read conservative in some areas, liberal in my location) point of view, I could see them doing it, "proactively", of course, only "for the kids."
You are in the state of Washington right?. If you purchase a pistol from a licenced dealer, you have to fill out Wa state pistol paperwork. That information is available to LEO's. I was out shooting some evil tin cans one day with a friend of mine, when a State Trooper came up the road to check out the source of the rapid firing guns. The officer told me that it was not a legal shooting area. I replied that I have been shooting in the same spot for more than twenty years. He called the Forrest service and said its OK to shoot there. We had a pleasant conversation about the 10mm. I even offered to let him try it, but he was onduty. At one point he asked about how many guns I had and the radio came back with my name and the number of guns I have registered. Kinda scarry,huh

You are in the state of Washington right?. If you purchase a pistol from a licenced dealer, you have to fill out Wa state pistol paperwork. That information is available to LEO's. I was out shooting some evil tin cans one day with a friend of mine, when a State Trooper came up the road to check out the source of the rapid firing guns. The officer told me that it was not a legal shooting area. I replied that I have been shooting in the same spot for more than twenty years. He called the Forrest service and said its OK to shoot there. We had a pleasant conversation about the 10mm. I even offered to let him try it, but he was onduty. At one point he asked about how many guns I had and the radio came back with my name and the number of guns I have registered. Kinda scarry,huh

That is why private, face-to-face cash transactions involving firearms (or just about anything else) are king.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top