Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Should the FBI Know How Many Guns You Own?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by zeezee, Mar 23, 2011.

1. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

"The "library records" provision of the so-called Patriot Act could also be known as the "gun records" provision, because it also allows the FBI to seize the forms you use to buy guns.

This infamous provision, Section 215, is a direct assault on your Fourth Amendment rights because it allows the FBI to obtain personal information about you, without a warrant and without your knowledge."

Should the FBI Know How Many Guns You Own?

Patriot Act my arse!

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

You do realize that you're over 5 years late on this subject?

Also the Patriot Act is set to expire May 29th of this year.

3. zeezee

zeezee nowheresville Member

So, what you are saying is since this is 5 years late there is no reason to pay attention to it and that the complete Patriot Act will expire in May? I wish I had your confidence in our government.

4. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Actually I think this is a real good time to become aware of this so-called traitorous document.

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

No but my point is that this legislation is nearly out of effect, and if they wanted your information, they would have gotten it over the past 5 years. There is nothing you can do about it now, other than learn and protest upcoming legislation.

6. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Isn't some retard of a senator gonna want to re-authorize this patriot act BS, if we don't begin letting our representatives know that We don't want this kind of legislation?

7. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

It is none of their damn business.

8. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

Nope. They don't need any more info about me than they already have.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

No, they don't need to know.

10. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

personally I feel that I should have enough that I don't even know exactly how many I have without consulting my personal inventory list :) now if only I had that many...

11. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

The chances of them wanting to dig through all the local FFL dealers in this area to find my name is a bit...well, they have no need to look at me. Now, if I was a very vocal political activist always in the news with an unpopular (read conservative in some areas, liberal in my location) point of view, I could see them doing it, "proactively", of course, only "for the kids."

12. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

If you have bought a new gun or a hunting lic or have a ccw then the government knows you are armed. Accept it and move on.

jj

13. dan10mmman

dan10mmman puget sound Member

You are in the state of Washington right?. If you purchase a pistol from a licenced dealer, you have to fill out Wa state pistol paperwork. That information is available to LEO's. I was out shooting some evil tin cans one day with a friend of mine, when a State Trooper came up the road to check out the source of the rapid firing guns. The officer told me that it was not a legal shooting area. I replied that I have been shooting in the same spot for more than twenty years. He called the Forrest service and said its OK to shoot there. We had a pleasant conversation about the 10mm. I even offered to let him try it, but he was onduty. At one point he asked about how many guns I had and the radio came back with my name and the number of guns I have registered. Kinda scarry,huh

14. Redcap

That is why private, face-to-face cash transactions involving firearms (or just about anything else) are king.

15. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Thank you George Bush.

16. Redcap

I don't have enough middle fingers to express my displeasure for either Bush or Obongo.

17. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan of either. Who was the last president that was truly a friend to firearm owners?

18. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

That would be James Madison...

19. CavVet

CavVet Seattle Member

Im glad they know.

That will make those.....people... think twice before coming to my house.

20. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Or it will give them all the justification they need to shoot first and ask questions later.