JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a chance to pick up a basically new in box 1980 Colt Trooper MKiii in .357 with 4in barrel. It is in mint condition chrome with wood grips. It's in the original box with all the original paperwork. Guy wants 1200 as trade value.....

I'm offering a Remington 700 .308 bull barrel with a Boyd's wood stock and about 300 rd of ammo......

Yea or nah???

I would have held off on the ammo on your initial offer but if you already did it , well, eh, yea go for it UNLESS your Rem is an early 'Classic' or otherwise an early wood stocked model.

I think it's a good trade.
I had a Trooper III 6" for a while and it was an impressive handgun. A low mileage, nickel 4" in the box is worth more than most any 700, in my opinion. Bet ya the Blue Book backs up my assesment.

You can get a Rem. 700 in 308 anytime. You don't always run across an 80's Colt in the condition you describe, with all original "goodies".

I'd make the trade if it were me.

:s0155:

oh HELL yes!!!!
had a good 6" blued model years ago, let it slip away in an uncontrolled fit of thinking I wanted something else...
great solid performing model IMHO. I've never seen one in nickle.

I would have held off on the ammo on your initial offer but if you already did it , well, eh, yea go for it UNLESS your Rem is an early 'Classic' or otherwise an early wood stocked model.
It also comes with perfect condition original Colt leather holster

Thanks for all the replies. I only have $750 in the Remington with 200 rnds. Traded an AR that cost me $700 to build for it with 200 rounds of ammo:). So total actually is about $800 cash into the deal.

I was just making sure it was worth it. My girlfriend loves the revolver and I'm kinda meh on the rifle.....

IMG_20201122_075245503.jpg

That's an Armslist ad! Be very weary about ANY dealings on Armslist. A bunch of scammers!!!

Do internet searches for that picture. If it shows up in multiple places, it could be a scam. Make them take a recent photo with something of your choice in the picture. (I usually ask to put a nickel on tails next to the trigger guard. If they have the pistol, it won't be a problem for them).

Be cautious!

:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews