JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0023:You passed it up???

Hahahahahahaha....

You are going to lay awake at night for years regretting this one!
Yes I did pass it up, but honestly I have a 4" Colt King Cobra I haven't shot in years. So I really didn't need the Python. But what does need have to do with anything???

Yes I did pass it up, but honestly I have a 4" Colt King Cobra I haven't shot in years. So I really didn't need the Python. But what does need have to do with anything???
I was just giving you a little jazz. I've passed up a couple of them through the years.

LOL....I originally paid $499.00 for my 6" Python back in the 80's. Had to sell it 6 years ago and regret it ever since! It sold at Keith's on consignment for $1,200.(shortly after that prices started to skyrocket!) So if anyone sees a 6" Python with 300 Gunsmith Services engraved on the side plate and Millet sights I'll buy it back! LOL....cause I still have the original grips and the original sights!

I remember looking at that gun at Keiths!

I did not understand the Ugly 300 engraved on the side.
It really hurt the value of the gun. :s0092:

I have a 4 inch Python I bought 5 years ago for $550 in decent shape without original grips.

I almost bought a ROUGH 6 inch gun 3 years ago for $700. It had dings on the hard edges and stuff though, big scratches. I passed it up. Maybe colt would have massaged it back to life.

I'd consider 1500.00 for a Python a real bargain these days. When I was 13, I passed on an '03 Springfield for the Thompson-Hoffer .22 device for $10. Current value about 5,000.00. At 19, I passed on an English make (don't remember the manufacturer) .450 NE double rifle for 160.00. Probably upward of 10,000 now. We all have regrets.

gary

I remember looking at that gun at Keiths!

I did not understand the Ugly 300 engraved on the side.
It really hurt the value of the gun. :s0092:

Back in the day (many many years ago!) 300 Gunsmith Services out of Colorado was one of the premier Python gunsmiths in the country. After a write up in one of the gun periodicals (maybe American Handgunner?) I sent mine in to have the action reworked. It came back smoother than silk. (Remember, mine was a shooter, not a safe queen.) Anyway, I had them engrave their logo on the side plate. For the same reason I changed out the sights years before from stock to Millet with a blaze orange front and a white outline rear since I carried it as a backup gun while hunting. I also changed the grip from stock to Pachmeyer presentation grips. But this was long before the value of the snake guns skyrocketed. But I can now spot the gun if I ever see it again!