JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only my opinion, but price gouging doesn't apply to what are non-essentials to most people. Food, water, medical supplies, yes in most cases. You can do without non-essentials or have other options. When an item goes out of production, it immediately becomes of limited availability and the price is apt to go up. Price increases based on this dynamic wouldn't be gouging, would they? Same idea applies to (assumed) temporary shortages due to an over-bought market.

A return to shotguns for defense may have some validity, considering the restrictions in this area that have been placed on semi-auto rifles. And those that have been in place for handguns for years.

Which reminds me, remember when handguns were the giant bugaboo hanging over society? So-called "Saturday Night Specials" and so forth. The focus that was once on handguns has shifted over to AR and AK type rifles. Once they get that "under control," don't be surprised to see renewed focus on more stringent controls being placed on all handguns. Prepare accordingly. Meaning, stock up or pare down, depending on what is important to you.

We periodically hear about bubbles of homicide violence in Chicago, often involving firearms. Handguns being the main source of firearm violence there. Sometime in the future, this may be the issue of the moment.

I once thought of firearms as a good hedge against inflation and a store of value. My feeling on that is changing. With ever-more legal controls being placed on them, their monetary liquidity is being reduced. I don't like illiquid assets. Consequently, I no longer possess nearly as many as I did.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads