Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shot Show

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by parsons_12b, Jan 27, 2010.

1. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I know several people here went to the shot show. Does anyone have a report to share or some pics of new stuff come on throw us common folk a bone.

2. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

It must have sucked.

SF-

3. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

I went....I'm still going through the box of literature and brochures that I collected and had to mail back to myself via UPS. Quite a load.
    It was my first SHOT Show and I found it interesting....lots of stuff that I couldn't afford, legally own or even get at my local retailers.
    IMR 8208XBR powder does exist....no telling when it will make its way to you and me. Lancer mags now offer a 48 round extended mag for competition-although their booth guy was a dick. The guy who makes Ultra Flex Knee Pro pads was there and was selling the best knee pads I've ever use for shooting....he also has elbow pads http://www.kneepro.com/products.htm

Accuracy International has a new rifle chassis system called the AX. Very slick- with a downward extracting mag that can also be removed laterally. They're also starting to manufacture their AICS chassis for Savage rifles and Remington 700 lefties.

More to come....

4. d1esel

d1esel Ridgefield WA. Member

5. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

Check youtube under these names: AR-15.com, Nutnfancy, and Gunwebsites all have videos of the Shot Show posted from various vendors.

6. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Yup.

It was the worst SHOT Show I have ever been to.

7. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Sucky or not, Big Horn Armory answered my prayers by announcing they'd soon start production on a .500 S&W magnum lever action carbine :D GunBlast.com has a 'media day' video with a good image of this rifle...