JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey y'all,
Its been forever since I posted. This year I'm fortunate enough to be going to the SHOT Show as a journalist.

Are any of you guys going?

Is there anything of particular interest at the show you'd like me to find out about/take pictures of?

I'd be interested in your take on any anti-gun protests you may see. Especially compared to anything in the past.

I anticipate the gun-ban crowd will throw a ton of effort at actively protesting the show displaying their usual, well-reasoned approach to their side of the issue. Signs with catchy slogans like: "merchants of death", "baby killers", "save our children", etc.

I anticipate they will use SHOT and the upcoming NRA annual meeting to keep their ludicrous crusade on the front page and in the news. I'm also certain that the useless media will cover them like they deserve some kind of sainthood.

Aside from that, anything new on the suppressor front would be cool as well as any updates from manufacturers about their approach to production ramp up in the AR world with the sudden demand.

Thanks.

Brian

Hey y'all,
Its been forever since I posted. This year I'm fortunate enough to be going to the SHOT Show as a journalist.

Are any of you guys going?

Is there anything of particular interest at the show you'd like me to find out about/take pictures of?
Yes. Please take many pictures of blow guns and rubber band guns.
Avoid anything big and black. (firearms)

No, not going this year. I'm backlogged with parts mods.

thePhonman: I'l keep my eyes peeled. Maybe some protesters are coming to vegas to protest and get a little gambling action.
Dapapadon: I'm sure the company reps will listen to me.
Pauly: Will do. Which company makes those? I don't see ACME on the exhibitor list.

I'll be there. Not really worried about anti-gun protests. I've been called worse than "Merchant of Death". Interested to see the new Sig double stack .45 and hopefully Ruger will put something fun out...

I would like to find out the current backlog of production.

Yeah, Im too curious about this.
I would like to hear what the manufacturer have to say about the prices and the condition of the market, especially companies which make accessories, and not necessarily firearms. (Magpul comes to mind.)

I shouldn't have to go to the shot show, the shot show should come to me!
2ezsrxh.jpg

Yeah, Im too curious about this.
I would like to hear what the manufacturer have to say about the prices and the condition of the market, especially companies which make accessories, and not necessarily firearms. (Magpul comes to mind.)

From magpul's Facebook page.

Magpul Industries Corp.
December 18
We've received a lot of comments about some retailers charging extremely high prices for our products. We strongly discourage pricing strategies like this with our direct customers, as we just don't feel right about it. Those retailers who are buying through distribution, and not direct, may be worried about supply and reacting to the market with this pricing increase. We are firm believers in free capitalism, and as long as no one is damaging market value through their pricing strategy, we will allow the market to correct this situation, as it appears it already is. We intend to continue to produce and sell our products to support the MSRPs we have set. Magazines will continue to flow to those retailers, distributors, and OEM customers with whom we have direct relationships.

http://www.facebook.com/magpul?ref=ts&fref=ts

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads