Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shot a long slide M&P 9mm at the range this weekend.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Phillyfan, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I am a tried an true XD/XDm man, but this was a real eye opener. Looking at the gun, I just didn't trust that trigger design and wrote it off on that alone. Have to say, though, it is one heck of a shooter. Super smooth, and easy follow up shots. Might have to add it to the XDm vs Glock debate.

2. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Had I not got a Glock the M&P was the runner up. I do believe it will take a chunk out of the Glock market.
    Mike

3. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Just plan on paying an extra $85 for a trigger upgrade. The M&Ps have some of the worst triggers I have ever felt.

4. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Then you've never shot a S & W sigma.

5. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Does anybody have experience with the M&P Pro series? I was told the triggers are much better.
    Mike

6. levi333

levi333 Albany, OR Active Member

The trigger on the 5" Pro is better than the normal M&P's. I have one and use it for USPSA. Plan on upgrading to an Apex kit eventually, but it works well enough now.

7. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Just don't believe the internet hype of the Apex kit. I've installed one and while it is significantly improved over the stock with a very short reset, I'd consider it similar to a good Glock trigger now.

Ha...I love the comments about "it now breaks like glass" about the kit.

8. Smoke It

Smoke It northwest New Member

Nothing wrong with and M&P and you'll find everyone has and opinion
    same for glock ,xdm,sig,H&K,ect ect

9. Will

Will Everett Active Member

I like the M&P, the trigger takes some getting use to and smooths a bit with use. Having it worked is the way to go IMHO. I've owned two in 45, the first I was guilted in to giving to my son, factory trigger, the second is a few years old now and had the trigger worked when I bought it. My son and I debate often about the trigger, he likes the take up but doesn't like the lighter pull being a striker fired pistol. We both shoot well with out respectve M&P's he has a harder time with a follow up shot using mine. In the end it's what works the best for you that matters.